GE 412 @ JFK airport

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
      Got in touch with our contact @ JFK airport. I misspoke earlier; it's a
      GE 412. Our contact reiterated his 2009 promise that it's definitely
      ours for the taking -- but not for another year or two. Good thing
      though -- the racks are seven feet tall and, when put end-to-end, almost
      80 feet long! We'll need a couple of years to raise the money for moving
      it anyhow. It's owned by an aviation company, so perhaps they would
      help us with funding when the times arrives.

      Here's the announcement in Popular Mechanics February 1965 issue:
      http://bit.ly/eCTfkY

      And this pdf, starting on page 61, has technical details:
      http://www.osti.gov/bridge/purl.cover.jsp?purl=/4452454-Ot5o57/
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
        > Got in touch with our contact @ JFK airport. I misspoke earlier; it's a
        > GE 412. Our contact reiterated his 2009 promise that it's definitely
        > ours for the taking -- but not for another year or two. Good thing
        > though -- the racks are seven feet tall and, when put end-to-end, almost
        > 80 feet long! We'll need a couple of years to raise the money for moving
        > it anyhow. It's owned by an aviation company, so perhaps they would
        > help us with funding when the times arrives.
        >
        > Here's the announcement in Popular Mechanics February 1965 issue:
        > http://bit.ly/eCTfkY
        >
        > And this pdf, starting on page 61, has technical details:
        > http://www.osti.gov/bridge/purl.cover.jsp?purl=/4452454-Ot5o57/

        PS - He say we can come visit in the summer. I can't wait!
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
          >> Got in touch with our contact @ JFK airport. I misspoke earlier; it's a
          >> GE 412. Our contact reiterated his 2009 promise that it's definitely
          >> ours for the taking -- but not for another year or two. Good thing
          >> though -- the racks are seven feet tall and, when put end-to-end, almost
          >> 80 feet long! We'll need a couple of years to raise the money for moving
          >> it anyhow. It's owned by an aviation company, so perhaps they would
          >> help us with funding when the times arrives.
          >>
          >> Here's the announcement in Popular Mechanics February 1965 issue:
          >> http://bit.ly/eCTfkY
          >>
          >> And this pdf, starting on page 61, has technical details:
          >> http://www.osti.gov/bridge/purl.cover.jsp?purl=/4452454-Ot5o57/
          > PS - He say we can come visit in the summer. I can't wait!

          More info: http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ge/GE-412/
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
            On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > More info: http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ge/GE-412/

            Drums, core memory and blinkenlights - yay!

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
              On Tuesday, March 29, 2011, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              > PS - He say we can come visit in the summer.  I can't wait!

              Oh hey, I like to go, give us aheads up when. I'm going to be in the
              area there visitng family in the summer too.
              =Dan

              --
              ~http://www.rogtronics.net <http://www.rogtronic.net>
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
                >> More info: http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ge/GE-412/
                > Drums, core memory and blinkenlights - yay!

                Yup, a little something for everyone. :)

                Well, no floppy drive. :)
              • Major Ward III
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
                  Guys,

                  Let me know when you will be in the area, I live 10 minutes away from JFK.

                  On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

                  On Tuesday, March 29, 2011, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                  > PS - He say we can come visit in the summer.  I can't wait!

                  Oh hey, I like to go, give us aheads up when. I'm going to be in the
                  area there visitng family in the summer too.
                  =Dan

                  --
                  ~http://www.rogtronics.net <http://www.rogtronic.net>

                  --
                  Major J . Ward III
                  Mobile: + 1 646 683 6917

                  solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
                  prohibited.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011

                    Guys,

                    Let me know when you will be in the area, I live 10 minutes away from JFK.

                    Hello -- please introduce yourself.