Also -- got some free VCF advertising

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2011
      Back at Maker Faire last fall, there was a booth next next to ours for a
      PC recycling company. I heard from the owner today. He said he's on
      the board of the Association of PC User Groups, which has dozens of
      clubs among its (paying) members in Region 1 (New to New England) and
      Region 2 (New Jersey to Virginia). He said that he contacted those
      regions' chairs and asked them to send our event announcement to all of
      their members. Cool!

      I checked out the association a few years ago and didn't see anything
      worthwhile that we should spend $50/year to get. Maybe we'll revisit it
      post-VCF.

      The same person also said his "other" job is as a distributor for
      promotional products. He sent me a price list for t-shirts, and they're
      more than $1 cheaper than our current shirt company. Multiply that by
      six or seven dozen shirts and it's a nice savings! So we will dig
      deeper into this possibility.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2011
        On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        The same person also said his "other" job is as a distributor for
        promotional products.  He sent me a price list for t-shirts, and they're
        more than $1 cheaper than our current shirt company.  Multiply that by
        six or seven dozen shirts and it's a nice savings!  So we will dig
        deeper into this possibility.

        How about Lanyards ?
        For the VCF staff and exhibitors - it's about time.
        They're cheap, only $2-$3ea depending on the style.
        But the hassle is the minimum is 100 everywhere I look.
        Maybe that guy can work out something to get a smaller minimum.
        You can make them generic so you can reuse them every year, leave off the 7.0 and date.