a MOBIDIC reference

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2011
      While following links from Gesswein concerning paper tape prices and paper tape devices, I found a reference to MOBIDIC (the Army's trailer-o-computer)

      http://www.wps.com/J/codes/FIELDATA/

      which is part of this interesting discussion of character codes

      http://www.wps.com/J/codes/

      -- jeffj
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2011
        > While following links from Gesswein concerning paper tape prices and paper tape devices, I found a reference to MOBIDIC (the Army's trailer-o-computer)
        >
        > http://www.wps.com/J/codes/FIELDATA/
        >
        > which is part of this interesting discussion of character codes
        >
        > http://www.wps.com/J/codes/

        Yes indeed! Bill Leubbert studied at Stanford, and was hand-picked by
        Fred Terman to go to Camp Evans, where he worked on Fieldata. That
        eventually became ASCII.