not Icarus

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
      Is anyone familiar with Daedalus Tape drives?
      I didn't get to read the nameplate, but it *might* be SCSI interface since it has 2: 50 pin Centronix-style connectors on the rear. 9 track, has 1600 BPI tape on it. Tension-spools, not vacuum column.

      It's in the Kirk basement. I'm unsure to take it or even power it up 'till cleaned first due to fans and blowers.

      There's an entire shelf of binders "FIPS 0-40". I see SOME online. Are they ALL available somewhere online for free? That would save a lot of shipping and effort.

      -- jeffj
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
        > It's in the Kirk basement ... would save a lot of shipping and effort.

        To clarify .... "Kirk" = Tom Kirk, the guy who owned all this stuff.
        And by "shipping" he just meant transportation (I think) .... Jeff what
        other 'shipping' did you mean?
      • mejeep_ferret
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
          > And by "shipping" he just meant transportation (I think)

          Yes, I was referring to the our expense & effort since that would take up most of my car space. It's in a mini-rack.