Re: [midatlanticretro] Sol Libes' Mark8

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
      --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

      > > Speaking of which, there's a rumor that we might
      > finally get a Processor Tech
      > > SOL-20 this weekend! YIPPEE
      >
      > Very nice. That one's on my wanted
      > list.

      Heh. Me too. I think everyone wants one of those. Of course, the keyboard is going to need re-foaming, but that's not a big deal. I just recently did my Franklin Ace keyboard (same Keytronic mechanism), using foam weatherstripping and this nice little punch a machinist friend made for me.

      -Ian
    • Bruce Freeman
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
        Have you guys ever considered reconstructing a computer like the Mark-8?  I.e., building a "new" "old computer"?

        http://www.compusaur.com/Mark8files/mark8.html

        Maybe some hackerspace would get excited about such a project.

        --
        Bruce
        NJ