Re: [midatlanticretro] Sol Libes' Mark8

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
      On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Speaking of which, there's a rumor that we might finally get a Processor Tech
      > SOL-20 this weekend! YIPPEE

      Very nice. That one's on my wanted list.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
        --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

        > > Speaking of which, there's a rumor that we might
        > finally get a Processor Tech
        > > SOL-20 this weekend! YIPPEE
        >
        > Very nice. That one's on my wanted
        > list.

        Heh. Me too. I think everyone wants one of those. Of course, the keyboard is going to need re-foaming, but that's not a big deal. I just recently did my Franklin Ace keyboard (same Keytronic mechanism), using foam weatherstripping and this nice little punch a machinist friend made for me.

        -Ian
      • Bruce Freeman
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 5:11 AM
          Have you guys ever considered reconstructing a computer like the Mark-8?  I.e., building a "new" "old computer"?

          http://www.compusaur.com/Mark8files/mark8.html

          Maybe some hackerspace would get excited about such a project.

          --
          Bruce
          NJ