Re: [midatlanticretro] Sol Libes' Mark8

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011

      Due to VCF planning, I'm being cc:'d on a lot of emails going back and forth between the panelists ....

      [snip]
      He linked to his own page:
      http://libes.com/sol/bio/Sol%27s%20First%20Microprocessor-based%20computer.html

      Neat huh?

      Neat-O !!

      Does he still have it ??
      It would be great to see on display

      I asked; didn't get a reply yet.  I suspect not.

      Funny timing, he just wrote back, sold it long ago.   :(

      Mark-8 is one of the conspicuous absences from our early/mid-70s collection -- the ones we lack are the ones that are hardest to find.  Mark-8; Datapoint; MCM; etc.

      Speaking of which, there's a rumor that we might finally get a Processor Tech SOL-20 this weekend!  YIPPEE
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
        On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Speaking of which, there's a rumor that we might finally get a Processor Tech
        > SOL-20 this weekend! YIPPEE

        Very nice. That one's on my wanted list.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2011
          --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

          > > Speaking of which, there's a rumor that we might
          > finally get a Processor Tech
          > > SOL-20 this weekend! YIPPEE
          >
          > Very nice. That one's on my wanted
          > list.

          Heh. Me too. I think everyone wants one of those. Of course, the keyboard is going to need re-foaming, but that's not a big deal. I just recently did my Franklin Ace keyboard (same Keytronic mechanism), using foam weatherstripping and this nice little punch a machinist friend made for me.

          -Ian
        • Bruce Freeman
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
            Have you guys ever considered reconstructing a computer like the Mark-8?  I.e., building a "new" "old computer"?

            http://www.compusaur.com/Mark8files/mark8.html

            Maybe some hackerspace would get excited about such a project.

            --
            Bruce
            NJ