clean in box, didn't test yet

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2011
      I scored at TRS-80 MC-10 at the thrift shop, but I'm still searching around for a TV switch-adapter to test it (it doesn't have a beeper or LED). I'm disappointed: it's a 6803 CPU at 0.89 MHz, not a Z80. About the size and power of a Timex Sinclair 1000 but with a tolerable keyboard, and MicroSoft Basic in ROM.
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
        Radio Shack stayed with Motorola CPUs for their color series of
        machines. The 6803 is very much like a 6800. The full blown CoCo
        used a 6809 CPU. In addition to the size comparison to the Timex
        1000, the MC-10 was programmed in basic using keywords that were
        represented by keyboard characters, just like the Timex/Sinclair
        machines. I guess the main advantage of that system is that it
        reduced the chances of a "syntax error" by misspelling BASIC commands.

        I still have an MC-10, along with a RAM expansion pack (another idea
        "borrowed" from the Timex/Sinclair machines). Both the MC-10 and the
        CoCo, used a cassette port to save/load programs and data.. but tapes
        for one were not compatible with the other. Too bad.

        73 de Ray

        On Feb 28, 2011, at 1:48 AM, mejeep_ferret wrote:

        > I scored at TRS-80 MC-10 at the thrift shop, but I'm still
        > searching around for a TV switch-adapter to test it (it doesn't
        > have a beeper or LED). I'm disappointed: it's a 6803 CPU at 0.89
        > MHz, not a Z80. About the size and power of a Timex Sinclair 1000
        > but with a tolerable keyboard, and MicroSoft Basic in ROM.

      • ysgdhio
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2011
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "mejeep_ferret" <mejeep@...> wrote:
          > I scored at TRS-80 MC-10 at the thrift shop, but I'm still searching around for a TV switch-adapter

          No need, just get a RS #278-255 (RCA phono to "F" adapter) for the
          TV's antenna jack, then run a cable with RCA males from the TV port
          to the adapter.

          Andy