Re: [midatlanticretro] Eliza Evan!

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
      PS - I promised revenge, which I shall enact right now, with Jeff B. as the victim - true story: at the diner today for lunch, Jeff (our resident tough-guy black belt) ordered (I kid you not!) the "princess burger".

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
        On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:43 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
        Dan,
        Did you try it?
        http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/

        I've only read the source code, and I've seen the suggestions that we sent in used in the code. I've been too lazy to plug in my C64 lately since I rearranged my workshop. But I have to soon so I check on the NIC card to WiFi setup

        Now if can only get a speech synthesizer to sound like him ~haaa

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011

          Dan,
          Did you try it?
          http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/

          I've only read the source code, and I've seen the suggestions that we sent in used in the code. I've been too lazy to plug in my C64 lately since I rearranged my workshop. But I have to soon so I check on the NIC card to WiFi setup

          Now if can only get a speech synthesizer to sound like him ~haa

          What do I sound like in your mind?
        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011

            > > Dan,
            > > Did you try it?
            > > http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/
            > >

            > > I've only read the source code, and I've seen the suggestions that we
            > > sent in used in the code. I've been too lazy to plug in my C64 lately
            > > since I rearranged my workshop. But I have to soon so I check on the
            > > NIC card to WiFi setup

            You can download VICE and run in emulator. I have a C64 speech synthesizer
            called "HearSay" or something like that. I have not used it in a while

            bd
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
              On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Dan Roganti  wrote

              Now if can only get a speech synthesizer to sound like him ~haa

              What do I sound like in your mind?

              boy you left yourself open wider than a rack full of 19" backplanes

            • Mr Ian Primus
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
                --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > > > Dan,
                > > > Did you try it?
                > > > http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/

                Hey, Bill, quick question - what kind of monitor is that in the picture? It looks like a television, but it also says "Computer Monitor" on the front of it. It's interesting - I know several TV manufacturers produced stripped-down versions of TV chassis (no tuner, baseband input, some kind of isolation added) as computer monitors, but I've not seen that particular one.

                -Ian
              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011

                  > Hey, Bill, quick question - what kind of monitor is that in the picture?
                  It looks like a television, but it also says "Computer Monitor" on the
                  front of it. It's interesting - I know several TV manufacturers produced
                  stripped-down versions of TV chassis (no tuner, baseband input, some kind
                  of isolation added) as computer monitors, but I've not seen that particular
                  one.

                  > -Ian

                  1985 GE. The manual partnumber is too long for me to remember from one
                  room to the next. Basically this is a color tv with built-in computer
                  jacks and convenient buttons to allow for switching to various types on
                  inputs. I like it because it's the same color scheme as the TI 99, but
                  it's too "new" for a TI 99.

                  bd