Eliza Evan!

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
      Bill Deg, Jeff F., Dan ... I am now aware of "Eliza Evan" ... Matt and Jeff B. couldn't keep a secret! :)

      Anyway it was extremely funny. Good one.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
        On Sunday, February 27, 2011, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
        > Bill Deg, Jeff F., Dan ... I am now aware of "Eliza Evan" ... Matt and Jeff B. couldn't keep a secret!  :)
        >
        > Anyway it was extremely funny. Good one.

        ~haaa haa
        Well now we should give it a name to archive this
        How about Evanliza :)

        --
        ~http://www.rogtronic.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
          Dan,
          Did you try it?
          http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/
          bd

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
            PS - I promised revenge, which I shall enact right now, with Jeff B. as the victim - true story: at the diner today for lunch, Jeff (our resident tough-guy black belt) ordered (I kid you not!) the "princess burger".

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
              On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:43 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
              Dan,
              Did you try it?
              http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/

              I've only read the source code, and I've seen the suggestions that we sent in used in the code. I've been too lazy to plug in my C64 lately since I rearranged my workshop. But I have to soon so I check on the NIC card to WiFi setup

              Now if can only get a speech synthesizer to sound like him ~haaa

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011

                Dan,
                Did you try it?
                http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/

                I've only read the source code, and I've seen the suggestions that we sent in used in the code. I've been too lazy to plug in my C64 lately since I rearranged my workshop. But I have to soon so I check on the NIC card to WiFi setup

                Now if can only get a speech synthesizer to sound like him ~haa

                What do I sound like in your mind?
              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011

                  > > Dan,
                  > > Did you try it?
                  > > http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/
                  > >

                  > > I've only read the source code, and I've seen the suggestions that we
                  > > sent in used in the code. I've been too lazy to plug in my C64 lately
                  > > since I rearranged my workshop. But I have to soon so I check on the
                  > > NIC card to WiFi setup

                  You can download VICE and run in emulator. I have a C64 speech synthesizer
                  called "HearSay" or something like that. I have not used it in a while

                  bd
                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
                    On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                    On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Dan Roganti  wrote

                    Now if can only get a speech synthesizer to sound like him ~haa

                    What do I sound like in your mind?

                    boy you left yourself open wider than a rack full of 19" backplanes

                  • Mr Ian Primus
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
                      --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                      > > > Dan,
                      > > > Did you try it?
                      > > > http://vintagecomputer.net/commodore/64/

                      Hey, Bill, quick question - what kind of monitor is that in the picture? It looks like a television, but it also says "Computer Monitor" on the front of it. It's interesting - I know several TV manufacturers produced stripped-down versions of TV chassis (no tuner, baseband input, some kind of isolation added) as computer monitors, but I've not seen that particular one.

                      -Ian
                    • Bill Degnan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011

                        > Hey, Bill, quick question - what kind of monitor is that in the picture?
                        It looks like a television, but it also says "Computer Monitor" on the
                        front of it. It's interesting - I know several TV manufacturers produced
                        stripped-down versions of TV chassis (no tuner, baseband input, some kind
                        of isolation added) as computer monitors, but I've not seen that particular
                        one.

                        > -Ian

                        1985 GE. The manual partnumber is too long for me to remember from one
                        room to the next. Basically this is a color tv with built-in computer
                        jacks and convenient buttons to allow for switching to various types on
                        inputs. I like it because it's the same color scheme as the TI 99, but
                        it's too "new" for a TI 99.

                        bd