Upcoming mini-events (not VCF)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2011
      ... And that's "mini" as in size, not as in computer.

      Stuff we have that's happening soon:
      - April 2/3 - Trenton show (I think we should go on both days this year,
      because last year it was a little better than in the past. Also this
      year it's back all under one roof vs. spread out, and we want to hawk
      VCF as much as possible, and my lecture slot is Sunday anyhow.)

      Small stuff:
      - March 5 - NJARC is having a "Scopes for Dopes" day - ideal for anyone
      who wants to learn about using an o-scope. I don't know the cost.
      - March 26 - InfoAge will have a booth at Brookdale Community College's
      WW2 day. It's only from 10am-2pm. I will go with some posters about
      computer usage during the war and Camp Evans' (probably) role in ENIAC.
      - April 13 - InfoAge is hosting an event to commemorate Project
      Guardrail, which was a Fort Monmouth thing. This is on a weekday; I'll
      try to go and give museum tours that day. Hopefully I will * not * be
      able to go because I'll have found a job by then!
      - April 16 - InfoAge will have a booth at the Philadelphia Science
      Festival (presumably similar to the Maker Faire and the recent NJ
      Science Festival). This one might require two or three volunteers.
      Details when it gets closer.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2011
        On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Stuff we have that's happening soon:
        >
        > - March 5 - NJARC is having a "Scopes for Dopes" day - ideal for anyone
        > who wants to learn about using an o-scope. I don't know the cost.

        I would highly recommend something like this for anyone with no
        experience with oscilloscopes. Everyone in our hobby should have at least
        some familiarity with this technology.

        P.S. - I'm bringing a low-end scope to VCF for sale. :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2011
          > ... And that's "mini" as in size, not as in computer.
          >
          > Stuff we have that's happening soon:
          > - April 2/3 - Trenton show (I think we should go on both days this year,

          > because last year it was a little better than in the past. Also this
          > year it's back all under one roof vs. spread out, and we want to hawk
          > VCF as much as possible, and my lecture slot is Sunday anyhow.)

          I will be there on Saturday.

          I am scheduled to do a talk in the Sat. afternoon titled "13th Century
          Latvian Screamsinging and other Highly Ambient Domains" Refreshments will
          be confiscated.