VCF sessions

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
      Mrs. Lewart, who was a user of the Bell Labs TRADIC, is now a confirmed
      VCF East 7.0 guest speaker. I love when plans start to emerge. :)

      See here: http://www.vintage.org/2011/east/session.php

      There will be at least two or three more sessions scheduled, and
      hopefully we'll organize a class or two (nobody volunteered yet). Also,
      we may have an impressive guest speaker from the west coast (no it's
      still not Woz.)
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
        On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:03 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
        Mrs. Lewart, who was a user of the Bell Labs TRADIC, is now a confirmed
        VCF East 7.0 guest speaker.  I love when plans start to emerge.  :)

        See here: http://www.vintage.org/2011/east/session.php

        There will be at least two or three more sessions scheduled, and
        hopefully we'll organize a class or two (nobody volunteered yet).  Also,
        we may have an impressive guest speaker from the west coast (no it's
        still not Woz.)

        ok, spill the beans !!
        you know how antsy I get while waiting during late night hacking

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011

          Also, we may have an impressive guest speaker from the west coast (no it's still not Woz.)

          ok, spill the beans !!
          you know how antsy I get while waiting during late night hacking

          Aargh! Stop twisting my arm!

          It's Michael Holley, currently of Seattle.  He's not famous, but he was a member of the original Homebrew Computer Club, right there with all the famous people.  I met him at several of the west-coast VCFs.  Really nice person.  Bill Deg met him too.  His particular expertise is the Motorola 6800 and SWTPc.  His site is http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/ -- if you recognize some of the pictures it's because he made them into posters that currently hang in the MARCH museum.  Alas, he's not this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Holley.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
            >> ok, spill the beans !!
            >> you know how antsy I get while waiting during late night hacking
            >
            > Aargh! Stop twisting my arm!
            >
            > It's Michael Holley, currently of Seattle. He's not famous, but he
            > was a member of the original Homebrew Computer Club

            PS - Another HCC member, Lee Felsenstein, was also going to be here. He
            had a job that brought him east every spring. But he recently changed
            jobs, and also had some health issues, so that plan if off the table.
            He sends his apology. Kind of a bummer because, just like Michael
            Holley, Lee is also a super-nice individual.
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
              On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              >> ok, spill the beans !!
              >> you know how antsy I get while waiting during late night hacking
              >
              > Aargh! Stop twisting my arm!
              >
              > It's Michael Holley, currently of Seattle.  He's not famous, but he
              > was a member of the original Homebrew Computer Club

              excellent !
              I think a lot of people know him, his website is great, I use it all the time for my swtpc.

              PS - Another HCC member, Lee Felsenstein, was also going to be here.  He
              had a job that brought him east every spring.  But he recently changed
              jobs, and also had some health issues, so that plan if off the table.
              He sends his apology.  Kind of a bummer because, just like Michael
              Holley, Lee is also a super-nice individual.

              yea that's a bummer, I hope he's doing ok, maybe another year.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011

                >> ok, spill the beans !!
                >> you know how antsy I get while waiting during late night hacking
                >
                > Aargh! Stop twisting my arm!
                >
                > It's Michael Holley, currently of Seattle.  He's not famous, but he
                > was a member of the original Homebrew Computer Club

                excellent !
                I think a lot of people know him, his website is great, I use it all the time for my swtpc.

                Remember though, that's still "in progress", it's not a done deal yet.

                At the last California show we had lunch together and he spent the whole time telling me stories.

                PS - Another HCC member, Lee Felsenstein, was also going to be here.  He
                had a job that brought him east every spring.  But he recently changed
                jobs, and also had some health issues, so that plan if off the table.
                He sends his apology.  Kind of a bummer because, just like Michael
                Holley, Lee is also a super-nice individual.

                yea that's a bummer, I hope he's doing ok, maybe another year.

                He is getting better.  Yes, hopefully another year.  He's from Philly so that might be another reason for him to travel out here.