RE: [midatlanticretro] Looking for things to do with SIMMs

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006

      I  am happy to contribute parts to anyone who needs them (usually for free), but because I don't know what I will need and when for my own work, I prefer to keep everything I have on hand.  But, there may be a more practical alternative than storing them in a single location.

      I am waiting for Evan to officially announce (hint hint) our on-line and in production inventory system.  This will help us keep a virtual inventory of both the InfoAge and personal MARCH member collections.  We are computer people so let's find a computer solution, right?  If everyone in the group added 10-20 items I think that it would become clear that we have A LOT of stuff and would boost the reputation of the group world-wide.    If everyone in this group included their 10 favorite systems and also added 10 items that they have doubles of....or even 40 items each and we'd have a virtual inventory matched by few others.

      For example, and in tangential response to Jim, I have right now in this database a tester for 64/256K-era RAM.  Stand by for Evan's announcement.  hint hint.

      Bill D

      At 10:07 AM 1/2/2006 -0800, you wrote:
      Richard,

      It's an interesting idea and would/will be a terrific resource - something
      that could induce people to become active members of the organization/museum.
      However there are SO MANY other things we need to do first, like raising some
      money, VCF, cataloging the collection and getting the museum going that this
      and many other good ideas need to go on the back burner.

      Somewhere I think I have a box of 4164 RAM chips (64k bit) that would make a
      nice addition to such a parts bin.

      Happy New Year,
      Jim
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
        Sorry folks, I'm still catching up on things that were due on 2005, so it'll be a week or two before there is a major club update to share.  - Evan