Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
      A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.
    • evan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
        Gotcha.

        --- billdeg@... wrote:

        > A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.

        =====
        Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!

        -- It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
        -- Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
        -- Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software, we cover it all
        -- W: http://news.computercollector.com E: news@...
        -- 660 readers and counting!
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
          > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured
          > there's no need for me to duplcate.
          >
          > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

          I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I don't
          have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you want to
          bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be short on
          space).
        • evan947
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
            David,

            I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
            Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
            running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

            - Evan

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
            wrote:
            > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
            figured
            > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
            > >
            > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
            >

            > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
            don't
            > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
            want to
            > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
            short on
            > space).
          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
              > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
              > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
              > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

              Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
              I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
              Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
              I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
              up to try it.
            • billdeg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
                Bill
              • evan947
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                  bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
                  the show...?

                  LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
                  was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

                  I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

                  I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

                  Will forward his reply when it arrives.

                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:

                  > Evan,
                  >
                  > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
                  figured
                  > there's no need for me to duplcate.
                  >
                  > To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore
                  VIC 20