Museum re-opening

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2011
      Next Wednesday, Wall Township inspectors are visiting Infoage building #9032 which contains our computer museum, NJARC, NJHDA, and one of the large event rooms. Infoage's electrician worked in there all weekend. Assuming all is up to code, we can then re-open as soon as next weekend.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2011
        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        From: evan@...
        Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:36:41 +0000
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum re-opening

        Next Wednesday, Wall Township inspectors are visiting Infoage building #9032 which contains our computer museum, NJARC, NJHDA, and one of the large event rooms. Infoage's electrician worked in there all weekend. Assuming all is up to code, we can then re-open as soon as next weekend.

        That's great ! I had an idea I wanted to run by you. Last time when I was giving tours at the museum and it was really slow. I was bored and wrote some BASIC program that was really simple, but interactive. I was thinking of writing one for each of the micros so there would be something interactive for kids/adults to play with. What do you think ?

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2011

          That's great ! I had an idea I wanted to run by you. Last time when I was giving tours at the museum and it was really slow. I was bored and wrote some BASIC program that was really simple, but interactive. I was thinking of writing one for each of the micros so there would be something interactive for kids/adults to play with. What do you think?

          Yes.

          I've done this in the past on various museum systems, but I never bothered saving anything.

          Or better yet -- write some BASIC for just one of the micros, and run representative programs on the others.  A game; Visicalc; Print Shop; word processor, etc.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2011
            > Next Wednesday, Wall Township inspectors are visiting Infoage building #9032 which contains our computer museum, NJARC, NJHDA, and one of the large event rooms. Infoage's electrician worked in there all weekend. Assuming all is up to code, we can then re-open as soon as next weekend.

            Mixed news: building 9032 failed its inspection today, but only by a *
            very small * amount. For example there need to be dual lights on the
            emergency lights about doorways, so there's still a light working if one
            bulb burns out; some of our doorways only had one light. Steve G.
            already bought the parts to fix this stuff, and it should all be
            installed in the next day or two. A re-inspection will probably happen
            Friday or early next week. Fred/Steve have a specific list of what
            needs to be done, so it's essentially a slam-dunk that if they fix these
            few small details, then we're all set to pass. Then we can re-open.