RE: [midatlanticretro] Woohoo!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 21, 2005
      It has "Grid OS 3.1."

      Ummm, yeah so it arrived today and fired right up! That bright orange
      startup screen is pretty cool. The computer seems to be in excellent
      condition as is the manual.

      However the computer makes a constant, quiet "buzzzzzzzzz" when it's on. Is
      that normal, just like any other computer?

      I can't wait to show this off at the next club meeting. :) :) :)

      - Evan

      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
        Just got the printer on my HX-20 to work. Oh happy night.
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
          Congrats!

          Just got the printer on my HX-20 to work. Oh happy night.

          Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
            Now I better find a source for replacement ribbons before I have too much fun and use of this one.

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
              Ha!  That was easy: they're listed on cdw.com.  Who would've guessed?

              Now I better find a source for replacement ribbons before I have too much fun and use of this one.

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.

                So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.

                Coooool.
              • Sridhar Ayengar
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                  evan947 wrote:
                  > This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                  > connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                  > wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                  >
                  > So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                  > (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                  >
                  > Coooool.

                  Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                  so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                  increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

                  Peace... Sridhar
                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                    No, but I'll let Bryan chime in. He knows the setup best.
                  • Bryan Pope
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
                      Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                      > evan947 wrote:
                      >
                      >> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                      >> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                      >> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                      >>
                      >> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                      >> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                      >>
                      >> Coooool.
                      >>

                      > Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                      > so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                      > increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

                      No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

                      Cheers,

                      Bryan
                    • Sridhar Ayengar
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
                        Bryan Pope wrote:
                        > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                        >> evan947 wrote:
                        >>
                        >>> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                        >>> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                        >>> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                        >>>
                        >>> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                        >>> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                        >>>
                        >>> Coooool.
                        >>>
                        >> Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                        >> so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                        >> increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,
                        >>

                        > No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

                        Oh well.

                        Peace... Sridhar
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                          Wake-up time for Maker Faire...

                          I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                          Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                          Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.
                        • Mike Loewen
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                            On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                            > Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                            >
                            > I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                            ...because it's in NYC.

                            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                              On 09/29/2012 09:08 AM, Mike Loewen wrote:
                              > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                              >
                              >> Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                              >>
                              >> I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.
                              >
                              > ...because it's in NYC.

                              Pretty much, yeah. :-(

                              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                              New Kensington, PA
                            • Christian Liendo
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012

                                Sorry but now I am saying guardian to the two kids... I will try and help out tomorrow for an hr or 2. I have tickets, so I am good.

                                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                                I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                                Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                                Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.

                              • Burning Image
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 30, 2012

                                  If I hadn't been traveling for the past 2 weeks, I would have been there.

                                  Cory - WA3UVV

                                  1a. Woohoo!
                                      Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... ekoblentz
                                      Date: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am ((PDT))