Re: 22/44pin cards for homebrew projects

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
      On Monday, February 7, 2011, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
      > Anchor Electronics:
      > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

      Excellent !!
      That's always been one of my favorite suppliers

      Thanks !
      =Dan

    • Gene Buckle
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
        On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Bob Applegate wrote:

        >> Anyone know if there's a place that still sells the 22/44pin cards for
        >> homebrew projects. These go back 35yrs when they were a popular for
        >> hacking
        >> on the old computers. These have the full spread of padded thru-holes just
        >> like any experimenter bd and then it also had an card edge with 22/44pins
        >> of
        >> goldfingers - sorta like a mini S-100 card. I can still find the edge
        >> connectors but not the cards.
        >
        > Anchor Electronics:
        >
        > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

        "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?

        Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*

        g.
        (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)

        g.

        --
        Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

        by the clean end.
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
          > "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?
          >
          > Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*

          It was just the foothills before, but now they've got room for an actual
          peak.

          > (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)

          PDF was very high tech years ago :)

          The last time I was there, they had boxes of blank PC boards for the Atari
          400, 800 computers, the 810 disk drive, EPROM cartridges, and all the
          internal boards sitting in cardboard boxes on the floor. They still have
          new S-100 boards on the shelf.

          Bob
        • Gene Buckle
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
            On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Bob Applegate wrote:

            >> "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?
            >>
            >> Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*
            >
            > It was just the foothills before, but now they've got room for an actual
            > peak.
            >
            >> (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)
            >
            > PDF was very high tech years ago :)
            >
            > The last time I was there, they had boxes of blank PC boards for the Atari
            > 400, 800 computers, the 810 disk drive, EPROM cartridges, and all the
            Now that's cool. I wonder if they ever got Commodore boards...

            Speaking of blank boards... I purchased a notebook years ago that used a
            pair of Everex AT motherboards as the cover. They'd been milled down to
            about 8-1/2" x 11" and were "soft" bound - no coils. Does anyone here
            know where I could find such a beast now? The company that made the one I
            have is long since vanished and the ones I've been able to find are all
            coil bound in one fashion or another - this renders it useless to lefties
            like me. ( the coil imprint on my hand takes forever to go away. :) )

            If they've got the 400 or 800 boards still around and they're the right
            price, I'd give making a new notebook with them a shot...

            tnx.

            g.

            --
            Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

            by the clean end.
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
              On Monday, February 7, 2011, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
              > Anchor Electronics:
              > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

              Excellent !!
              That's always been one of my favorite suppliers

              Thanks !
              =Dan

            • Mike Willegal
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
                The apple 1 has a 44 pin edge connector with .156" spacing so this
                may also fit the bill, though it is not entirely clear what the specs
                are on this board and shipping from Europe may increase the cost too
                much.

                http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?
                manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11

                Regards,
                Mike W.
              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                  On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Mike Willegal <mike@...> wrote:
                  The apple 1 has a 44 pin edge connector with .156" spacing so this
                  may also fit the bill, though it is not entirely clear what the specs
                  are on this board and shipping from Europe may increase the cost too
                  much.

                  http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?
                  manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11

                  that's interesting

                  while searching for parts, I came across another place in CA
                  http://www.douglas.com/hardware/pcbs/breadboards/index.html
                  They have blank protoyping cards for S-100, Apple, C64, IBM-PC, DEC, STD, VME, etc