re: [midatlanticretro] 22/44pin cards for homebrew projects

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
      I have one card kit that's kind of like that, when I get home I will check
      and send to you if it's what I think you're looking for.

      Bill Degnan

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
        On Monday, February 7, 2011, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
        > Anchor Electronics:
        > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

        Excellent !!
        That's always been one of my favorite suppliers

        Thanks !
        =Dan

      • Gene Buckle
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
          On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Bob Applegate wrote:

          >> Anyone know if there's a place that still sells the 22/44pin cards for
          >> homebrew projects. These go back 35yrs when they were a popular for
          >> hacking
          >> on the old computers. These have the full spread of padded thru-holes just
          >> like any experimenter bd and then it also had an card edge with 22/44pins
          >> of
          >> goldfingers - sorta like a mini S-100 card. I can still find the edge
          >> connectors but not the cards.
          >
          > Anchor Electronics:
          >
          > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

          "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?

          Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*

          g.
          (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)

          g.

          --
          Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

          by the clean end.
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
            > "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?
            >
            > Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*

            It was just the foothills before, but now they've got room for an actual
            peak.

            > (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)

            PDF was very high tech years ago :)

            The last time I was there, they had boxes of blank PC boards for the Atari
            400, 800 computers, the 810 disk drive, EPROM cartridges, and all the
            internal boards sitting in cardboard boxes on the floor. They still have
            new S-100 boards on the shelf.

            Bob
          • Gene Buckle
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
              On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Bob Applegate wrote:

              >> "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?
              >>
              >> Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*
              >
              > It was just the foothills before, but now they've got room for an actual
              > peak.
              >
              >> (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)
              >
              > PDF was very high tech years ago :)
              >
              > The last time I was there, they had boxes of blank PC boards for the Atari
              > 400, 800 computers, the 810 disk drive, EPROM cartridges, and all the
              Now that's cool. I wonder if they ever got Commodore boards...

              Speaking of blank boards... I purchased a notebook years ago that used a
              pair of Everex AT motherboards as the cover. They'd been milled down to
              about 8-1/2" x 11" and were "soft" bound - no coils. Does anyone here
              know where I could find such a beast now? The company that made the one I
              have is long since vanished and the ones I've been able to find are all
              coil bound in one fashion or another - this renders it useless to lefties
              like me. ( the coil imprint on my hand takes forever to go away. :) )

              If they've got the 400 or 800 boards still around and they're the right
              price, I'd give making a new notebook with them a shot...

              tnx.

              g.

              --
              Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

              by the clean end.
            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
                On Monday, February 7, 2011, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                > Anchor Electronics:
                > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

                Excellent !!
                That's always been one of my favorite suppliers

                Thanks !
                =Dan

              • Mike Willegal
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
                  The apple 1 has a 44 pin edge connector with .156" spacing so this
                  may also fit the bill, though it is not entirely clear what the specs
                  are on this board and shipping from Europe may increase the cost too
                  much.

                  http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?
                  manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11

                  Regards,
                  Mike W.
                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                    On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Mike Willegal <mike@...> wrote:
                    The apple 1 has a 44 pin edge connector with .156" spacing so this
                    may also fit the bill, though it is not entirely clear what the specs
                    are on this board and shipping from Europe may increase the cost too
                    much.

                    http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?
                    manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11

                    that's interesting

                    while searching for parts, I came across another place in CA
                    http://www.douglas.com/hardware/pcbs/breadboards/index.html
                    They have blank protoyping cards for S-100, Apple, C64, IBM-PC, DEC, STD, VME, etc