22/44pin cards for homebrew projects

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011

      Anyone know if there's a place that still sells the 22/44pin cards for homebrew projects. These go back 35yrs when they were a popular for hacking on the old computers. These have the full spread of padded thru-holes just like any experimenter bd and then it also had an card edge with 22/44pins of goldfingers - sorta like a mini S-100 card. I can still find the edge connectors but not the cards.

      =Dan

    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
        > Anyone know if there's a place that still sells the 22/44pin cards for
        > homebrew projects. These go back 35yrs when they were a popular for
        > hacking
        > on the old computers. These have the full spread of padded thru-holes just
        > like any experimenter bd and then it also had an card edge with 22/44pins
        > of
        > goldfingers - sorta like a mini S-100 card. I can still find the edge
        > connectors but not the cards.

        Anchor Electronics:

        http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

        Click on the "Price List" tab and then look on page 5.

        Whenever I'm in silicon valley, I always stop there to pick up NOS S-100
        boards, blank Atari computer PC boards, and whatever other vintage stuff
        they've got on their shelves.

        Bob
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
          I have one card kit that's kind of like that, when I get home I will check
          and send to you if it's what I think you're looking for.

          Bill Degnan

          > Anyone know if there's a place that still sells the 22/44pin cards for
          > homebrew projects. These go back 35yrs when they were a popular for
          hacking
          > on the old computers. These have the full spread of padded thru-holes
          just
          > like any experimenter bd and then it also had an card edge with 22/44pins
          of
          > goldfingers - sorta like a mini S-100 card. I can still find the edge
          > connectors but not the cards.
          >
          > =Dan
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
            On Monday, February 7, 2011, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
            > Anchor Electronics:
            > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

            Excellent !!
            That's always been one of my favorite suppliers

            Thanks !
            =Dan

          • Gene Buckle
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
              On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Bob Applegate wrote:

              >> Anyone know if there's a place that still sells the 22/44pin cards for
              >> homebrew projects. These go back 35yrs when they were a popular for
              >> hacking
              >> on the old computers. These have the full spread of padded thru-holes just
              >> like any experimenter bd and then it also had an card edge with 22/44pins
              >> of
              >> goldfingers - sorta like a mini S-100 card. I can still find the edge
              >> connectors but not the cards.
              >
              > Anchor Electronics:
              >
              > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

              "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?

              Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*

              g.
              (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)

              g.

              --
              Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

              by the clean end.
            • Bob Applegate
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
                > "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?
                >
                > Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*

                It was just the foothills before, but now they've got room for an actual
                peak.

                > (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)

                PDF was very high tech years ago :)

                The last time I was there, they had boxes of blank PC boards for the Atari
                400, 800 computers, the 810 disk drive, EPROM cartridges, and all the
                internal boards sitting in cardboard boxes on the floor. They still have
                new S-100 boards on the shelf.

                Bob
              • Gene Buckle
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 7, 2011
                  On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Bob Applegate wrote:

                  >> "A Peak Inside Our Expanded Showroom". Seriously?
                  >>
                  >> Spellcheck is no substitution for proofreading, son. *sigh*
                  >
                  > It was just the foothills before, but now they've got room for an actual
                  > peak.
                  >
                  >> (btw, neat catalog! *laughs*)
                  >
                  > PDF was very high tech years ago :)
                  >
                  > The last time I was there, they had boxes of blank PC boards for the Atari
                  > 400, 800 computers, the 810 disk drive, EPROM cartridges, and all the
                  Now that's cool. I wonder if they ever got Commodore boards...

                  Speaking of blank boards... I purchased a notebook years ago that used a
                  pair of Everex AT motherboards as the cover. They'd been milled down to
                  about 8-1/2" x 11" and were "soft" bound - no coils. Does anyone here
                  know where I could find such a beast now? The company that made the one I
                  have is long since vanished and the ones I've been able to find are all
                  coil bound in one fashion or another - this renders it useless to lefties
                  like me. ( the coil imprint on my hand takes forever to go away. :) )

                  If they've got the 400 or 800 boards still around and they're the right
                  price, I'd give making a new notebook with them a shot...

                  tnx.

                  g.

                  --
                  Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

                  by the clean end.
                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
                    On Monday, February 7, 2011, Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                    > Anchor Electronics:
                    > http://www.anchor-electronics.com/

                    Excellent !!
                    That's always been one of my favorite suppliers

                    Thanks !
                    =Dan

                  • Mike Willegal
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 9, 2011
                      The apple 1 has a 44 pin edge connector with .156" spacing so this
                      may also fit the bill, though it is not entirely clear what the specs
                      are on this board and shipping from Europe may increase the cost too
                      much.

                      http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?
                      manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11

                      Regards,
                      Mike W.
                    • Dan Roganti
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 22, 2011
                        On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Mike Willegal <mike@...> wrote:
                        The apple 1 has a 44 pin edge connector with .156" spacing so this
                        may also fit the bill, though it is not entirely clear what the specs
                        are on this board and shipping from Europe may increase the cost too
                        much.

                        http://www.achatz.nl/catalog/product_info.php?
                        manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11

                        that's interesting

                        while searching for parts, I came across another place in CA
                        http://www.douglas.com/hardware/pcbs/breadboards/index.html
                        They have blank protoyping cards for S-100, Apple, C64, IBM-PC, DEC, STD, VME, etc