Doh! A "Who knew?" moment...

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2005
      I just found out that David Ahl, the creator/editor of Creative Computing
      magazine, lives right down the road in Morristown, NJ.

      Small freakin' world!

    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2005
        On 12/21/05, Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
        > I just found out that David Ahl, the creator/editor of Creative Computing
        > magazine, lives right down the road in Morristown, NJ.

        Oooh, I knew. :-)

        Creative Computing was published in Morristown in the mid-Seventies,
        so I imagine he's been there at least since then.

        But did you know he's also a military vehicle restorer/enthusiast?
        I think his M37 truck would fit right in down at InfoAge.

        BTW, Dave's website is http://www.swapmeetdave.com/
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2005
          Yup.  Chatted with him for a bit after my previous email.  He's going to check out our group.

          > I just found out that David Ahl, the creator/editor of Creative Computing
          > magazine, lives right down the road in Morristown, NJ.

          Oooh, I knew. :-)

          Creative Computing was published in Morristown in the mid-Seventies,
          so I imagine he's been there at least since then.

          But did you know he's also a military vehicle restorer/enthusiast?
          I think his M37 truck would fit right in down at InfoAge.

          BTW, Dave's website is http://www.swapmeetdave.com/
        • John Allain
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2005
            Keep kissing up, and hopefully we'll see him talk at VCFe 5 or something?

            John A.
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 21, 2005
              Huh?

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 21, 2005
                Also located Andrew Bobeck, the inventor of bubble memory, formerly of Bell Labs, who according to Yahoo People Search lives in Chatham.

                Andy -- do you know if there's some kind of Bell Labs alumni group?

                I just found out that David Ahl, the creator/editor of Creative Computing
                magazine, lives right down the road in Morristown, NJ.

                Small freakin' world!

                Computer Collector Newsletter:

                href="http://news.computercollector.com">http://news.computercollector.com

                href="http://www.marchclub.org">http://www.marchclub.org

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 22, 2005
                  Evan,

                  Yes! He would make a great speaker for VCF - a great keynote speaker.

                  Jim

                  --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

                  > Huh?
                  >
                  > _____

                  =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
                  > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

                  2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
                  > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

                  2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
                  > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
                  > Field

                  ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
                  > SwdHWZfg> trip
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >

                  > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro

                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                  >

                  > _____

                • ysgdhio
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 22, 2005
                    On 12/21/05, Evan wrote:
                    > Andy -- do you know if there's some kind of Bell Labs alumni group?

                    If there is, I'm not aware of it.

                    Andy