Re: [midatlanticretro] Help @ museum this Sunday mid-day

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5 6:24 AM

      On Feb 5, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Dan Roganti wrote:

      Harbor Freight has tarps, sometimes at good prices.   There's a vendor at Collingswood Flea Market who sells tarps, but I'm not sure whether he's there in this weather.

      Watch out that some vinyl plastic has plasticizers that can affect paint.  I don't know whether this is true for tarps.

      Drop clothes are usually safest best, plus they're easily conform to all the diff shapes.

      Just beware of plastic; any insulator will produce static electricity, which isn't a good thing for vintage computers.  That's why ESD bags (the silver bags a lot of electronic devices are packaged in) are conductive.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5 6:41 AM
        >>> Wasn't there an announcement about a new HVAC being installed in the H building

        No. Not anytime soon.