Re: [midatlanticretro] Photos of interest from tmesis.net photos

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
      On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

         Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

      It's definitely a Trainer alright, a Microprocessor Trainer. The layout is typical of one. Apparently one of the many they produced.
      It can be a nice tool for a demonstration class.

    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
        Jason T <silent700@...> writes:

        >On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote: >
        >This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there > any
        >works in progress there?
        >
        >And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of
        >envy.
        >
        >Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
        >videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

        I wish I would have brought my wife's new birthday present. Canon SX30 IS.
        It would have done digital video and, believe me, I would have used it.
      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
          --- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

          > http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg%c2%a0 -
          > What brand terminal

          Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine, then I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100 clones.

          -Ian
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
            Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

            >--TPcGcxQdXi7w9PPyeJlmapPHz5g3hPBRqx1cQjj Content-Type: text/plain;
            >charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
            >
            >--- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
            >
            >> http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg=A0 - > What brand
            >terminal
            >
            >Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine,
            >th= en I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100
            >clones.

            Ian, do you have one?

            If so, would you run the VTTEST utility and let me know what you find?

            Using an Esprit,

            telnet tmesis.net
            Username: VTTEST

            The rest is self explanatory.