Re: [midatlanticretro] Photos of interest from tmesis.net photos

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
      On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

      Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Jason T
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
        On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
        > This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there
        > any works in progress there?

        And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of envy.

        Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
        videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

        --
        jht
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
          On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
          On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

             Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

          It's definitely a Trainer alright, a Microprocessor Trainer. The layout is typical of one. Apparently one of the many they produced.
          It can be a nice tool for a demonstration class.

        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
            Jason T <silent700@...> writes:

            >On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote: >
            >This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there > any
            >works in progress there?
            >
            >And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of
            >envy.
            >
            >Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
            >videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

            I wish I would have brought my wife's new birthday present. Canon SX30 IS.
            It would have done digital video and, believe me, I would have used it.
          • Mr Ian Primus
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
              --- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              > http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg%c2%a0 -
              > What brand terminal

              Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine, then I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100 clones.

              -Ian
            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
                Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

                >--TPcGcxQdXi7w9PPyeJlmapPHz5g3hPBRqx1cQjj Content-Type: text/plain;
                >charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
                >
                >--- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                >
                >> http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg=A0 - > What brand
                >terminal
                >
                >Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine,
                >th= en I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100
                >clones.

                Ian, do you have one?

                If so, would you run the VTTEST utility and let me know what you find?

                Using an Esprit,

                telnet tmesis.net
                Username: VTTEST

                The rest is self explanatory.