Re: [midatlanticretro] Photos of interest from tmesis.net photos

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011

      >> Didn't see one.

      I did. In one of the basement corners. But as I said we are probably not getting that.
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
        On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

        Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Jason T
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
          On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          > This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there
          > any works in progress there?

          And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of envy.

          Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
          videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

          --
          jht
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
            On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
            On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

               Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

            It's definitely a Trainer alright, a Microprocessor Trainer. The layout is typical of one. Apparently one of the many they produced.
            It can be a nice tool for a demonstration class.

          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
              Jason T <silent700@...> writes:

              >On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote: >
              >This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there > any
              >works in progress there?
              >
              >And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of
              >envy.
              >
              >Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
              >videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

              I wish I would have brought my wife's new birthday present. Canon SX30 IS.
              It would have done digital video and, believe me, I would have used it.
            • Mr Ian Primus
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
                --- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                > http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg%c2%a0 -
                > What brand terminal

                Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine, then I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100 clones.

                -Ian
              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

                  >--TPcGcxQdXi7w9PPyeJlmapPHz5g3hPBRqx1cQjj Content-Type: text/plain;
                  >charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
                  >
                  >--- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg=A0 - > What brand
                  >terminal
                  >
                  >Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine,
                  >th= en I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100
                  >clones.

                  Ian, do you have one?

                  If so, would you run the VTTEST utility and let me know what you find?

                  Using an Esprit,

                  telnet tmesis.net
                  Username: VTTEST

                  The rest is self explanatory.