Re: [midatlanticretro] Photos of interest from tmesis.net photos

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
      He says the Altair / IMSAI(s) will probably go to his family.

      Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011

        >> Didn't see one.

        I did. In one of the basement corners. But as I said we are probably not getting that.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
          On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

          Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Jason T
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
            On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
            > This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there
            > any works in progress there?

            And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of envy.

            Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
            videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

            --
            jht
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2011
              On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:
              On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              > Saw a couple of those Digiac systems. What are they?

                 Digiac made a bunch of trainers - maybe this is an older one?

              It's definitely a Trainer alright, a Microprocessor Trainer. The layout is typical of one. Apparently one of the many they produced.
              It can be a nice tool for a demonstration class.

            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
                Jason T <silent700@...> writes:

                >On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote: >
                >This stuff is cleanable. What an awesome storage place. Are there > any
                >works in progress there?
                >
                >And here is the frozen, museumless Midwest, we experience the pain of
                >envy.
                >
                >Quite a find, gentlemen! Someone should do a walk-through with a
                >videocam, just to capture the scale of it all.

                I wish I would have brought my wife's new birthday present. Canon SX30 IS.
                It would have done digital video and, believe me, I would have used it.
              • Mr Ian Primus
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
                  --- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  > http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg%c2%a0 -
                  > What brand terminal

                  Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine, then I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100 clones.

                  -Ian
                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5, 2011
                    Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

                    >--TPcGcxQdXi7w9PPyeJlmapPHz5g3hPBRqx1cQjj Content-Type: text/plain;
                    >charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
                    >
                    >--- On Fri, 2/4/11, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> http://tmesis.net/MARCH/Photos/recon__015.jpg=A0 - > What brand
                    >terminal
                    >
                    >Esprit - specifically Esprit 1's, initially they were made by Hazeltine,
                    >th= en I think they spun off into their own company. They're VT100
                    >clones.

                    Ian, do you have one?

                    If so, would you run the VTTEST utility and let me know what you find?

                    Using an Esprit,

                    telnet tmesis.net
                    Username: VTTEST

                    The rest is self explanatory.