Re: [midatlanticretro] Place your bets! (not sports)

  • Timothy J Fagan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
      Wouldn't this be OT?

      ;-)

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 3, 2011, at 7:32 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      This message is #19,785 on our list. In six previous February(s) we
      averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a few weeks.

      Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day, author, and
      subject of message #20,000.

      Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers before you post!

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
        I was bored.

        On 02/03/2011 11:05 PM, Timothy J Fagan wrote:
        Wouldn't this be OT?

        ;-)

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 3, 2011, at 7:32 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        This message is #19,785 on our list. In six previous February(s) we
        averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a few weeks.

        Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day, author, and
        subject of message #20,000.

        Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers before you post!

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
          I guess February 29, 2011 at 11:61am and the author will be Bill D and subject will be vintage something.

          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011

            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            From: evan@...
            Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:32:23 -0500

            This message is #19,785 on our list. In six previous February(s) we
            averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a few weeks.

            Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day, author, and
            subject of message #20,000.

            Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers before you post!

            **************************

            Ok. My serious bet now. February 27th at 6pm, Bill Degnan subject: Catweasel

          • Mr Ian Primus
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2011
              --- On Thu, 2/3/11, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              > This message is #19,785 on our
              > list. In six previous February(s) we
              > averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a
              > few weeks.
              >
              > Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day,
              > author, and
              > subject of message #20,000.
              >
              > Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers
              > before you post!

              Hmm... How about March 1st, Evan Koblentz, subject : OFF TOPIC! RE: question about Win 3.1 on 486 DX/2

              :)

              -Ian
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2011
                Geez you shouldn't have said anything, now it will seem forced.

                But perhaps it's more important to acknowledge the thread that pushed
                things over 20,000 rather than the individual message.

                That said, I predict it will be great escape.

                Bill