Place your bets! (not sports)

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
      This message is #19,785 on our list. In six previous February(s) we
      averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a few weeks.

      Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day, author, and
      subject of message #20,000.

      Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers before you post!
    • Timothy J Fagan

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
          I was bored.

          On 02/03/2011 11:05 PM, Timothy J Fagan wrote:
          Wouldn't this be OT?

          ;-)

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Feb 3, 2011, at 7:32 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          This message is #19,785 on our list. In six previous February(s) we
          averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a few weeks.

          Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day, author, and
          subject of message #20,000.

          Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers before you post!

        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011
            I guess February 29, 2011 at 11:61am and the author will be Bill D and subject will be vintage something.

            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2011

              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              From: evan@...
              Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:32:23 -0500

              This message is #19,785 on our list. In six previous February(s) we
              averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a few weeks.

              Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day, author, and
              subject of message #20,000.

              Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers before you post!

              **************************

              Ok. My serious bet now. February 27th at 6pm, Bill Degnan subject: Catweasel

            • Mr Ian Primus
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2011
                --- On Thu, 2/3/11, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                > This message is #19,785 on our
                > list. In six previous February(s) we
                > averaged 307 messages. So we should reach 20,000 in a
                > few weeks.
                >
                > Bet for bragging rights: guess the date, time of day,
                > author, and
                > subject of message #20,000.
                >
                > Honor system -- no cheating by looking at message numbers
                > before you post!

                Hmm... How about March 1st, Evan Koblentz, subject : OFF TOPIC! RE: question about Win 3.1 on 486 DX/2

                :)

                -Ian
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4, 2011
                  Geez you shouldn't have said anything, now it will seem forced.

                  But perhaps it's more important to acknowledge the thread that pushed
                  things over 20,000 rather than the individual message.

                  That said, I predict it will be great escape.

                  Bill