RE: [midatlanticretro] Woohoo!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
      You sign up for a free account, enter the eBay item # and your maximum price, and then it submits your bid at the last possible second so that people with higher maximum bids don't have time to top yours.

      I was skeptical but Sellam kept urging me to try it, and it worked perfectly.  I kept hitting "refresh" in my browser during the auction's final 10 minutes, and sure enough, with about 5 seconds remaining my StealthBid popped in there.  I immediately refreshed again and this time the auction was closed and I was the winner.

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
        On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Evan wrote:

        > You sign up for a free account, enter the eBay item # and your maximum
        > price, and then it submits your bid at the last possible second so that
        > people with higher maximum bids don't have time to top yours.

        These days, the usefulness of these automatic bid services is mainly so
        you don't have to be logged on when the auction ends. Someone else with a
        higher bid ceiling than yours is still going to win, especially if they're
        also using an automatic bid service.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 21, 2005
          It has "Grid OS 3.1."

          Ummm, yeah so it arrived today and fired right up! That bright orange
          startup screen is pretty cool. The computer seems to be in excellent
          condition as is the manual.

          However the computer makes a constant, quiet "buzzzzzzzzz" when it's on. Is
          that normal, just like any other computer?

          I can't wait to show this off at the next club meeting. :) :) :)

          - Evan

          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
            Just got the printer on my HX-20 to work. Oh happy night.
          • Jeffrey Frady
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
              Congrats!

              Just got the printer on my HX-20 to work. Oh happy night.

              Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
                Now I better find a source for replacement ribbons before I have too much fun and use of this one.

                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
                  Ha!  That was easy: they're listed on cdw.com.  Who would've guessed?

                  Now I better find a source for replacement ribbons before I have too much fun and use of this one.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                    This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                    connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                    wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.

                    So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                    (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.

                    Coooool.
                  • Sridhar Ayengar
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                      evan947 wrote:
                      > This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                      > connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                      > wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                      >
                      > So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                      > (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                      >
                      > Coooool.

                      Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                      so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                      increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

                      Peace... Sridhar
                    • Evan
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                        No, but I'll let Bryan chime in. He knows the setup best.
                      • Bryan Pope
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
                          Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                          > evan947 wrote:
                          >
                          >> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                          >> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                          >> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                          >>
                          >> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                          >> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                          >>
                          >> Coooool.
                          >>

                          > Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                          > so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                          > increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

                          No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

                          Cheers,

                          Bryan
                        • Sridhar Ayengar
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
                            Bryan Pope wrote:
                            > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                            >> evan947 wrote:
                            >>
                            >>> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                            >>> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                            >>> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                            >>>
                            >>> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                            >>> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                            >>>
                            >>> Coooool.
                            >>>
                            >> Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                            >> so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                            >> increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,
                            >>

                            > No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

                            Oh well.

                            Peace... Sridhar
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                              Wake-up time for Maker Faire...

                              I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                              Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                              Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.
                            • Mike Loewen
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                                On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                                > Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                                >
                                > I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                                ...because it's in NYC.

                                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012
                                  On 09/29/2012 09:08 AM, Mike Loewen wrote:
                                  > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                                  >>
                                  >> I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.
                                  >
                                  > ...because it's in NYC.

                                  Pretty much, yeah. :-(

                                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                  New Kensington, PA
                                • Christian Liendo
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 29, 2012

                                    Sorry but now I am saying guardian to the two kids... I will try and help out tomorrow for an hr or 2. I have tickets, so I am good.

                                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                                    I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                                    Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                                    Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.

                                  • Burning Image
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 30, 2012

                                      If I hadn't been traveling for the past 2 weeks, I would have been there.

                                      Cory - WA3UVV

                                      1a. Woohoo!
                                          Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... ekoblentz
                                          Date: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am ((PDT))