Re: [midatlanticretro] Pickup or truck needed for rescue

  • Bruce Freeman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 29, 2011
      How much weight are we talking about?  Is someone willing to pick up the cost of gas?

      On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

      We have the opportunity to rescue the TI minicomputer. However, it is
      the size of a refrigerator and the current owner says it doesn't come
      apart easily. He also said it needs to be transported upright. It is 5'
      1" tall.

      So, anyone in NW New Jersey (near Flanders) have a pickup truck or cargo
      van available for 2/5 or 2/12? Rental is out for a single unit. I just
      don't have the $127 spare for a U-Haul that computer would fit in.

      Additionally, he said we would need 2 people. Ideally, I'd like to pick
      it up early in the morning and go right to InfoAge.

      --
      Bruce
      NJ
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 29, 2011
        I don't know the weight.  However our vehicle request is now on hold -- Kelly might be able to borrow a Suburban from someone.  Anyway, regardless of whose vehicle we use, yes of course we will reimburse for gas.

      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 30, 2011
          Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

          >I don't know the weight. However our vehicle request is now on hold --
          >Kelly might be able to borrow a Suburban from someone. Anyway,
          >regardless of whose vehicle we use, yes of course we will reimburse for gas.

          I'm not concerned about reimbursement but there is a garage full of
          DEC history here that would love to find a new home in and about the
          Evans Area. ;)
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 30, 2011
            >>> I'm not concerned about reimbursement but there is a garage full

            I doubt there will be enough space + time during this particular haul. But, we also have the DEC/IBM rescue that I mentioned yesterday -- for that one we'll probably need a box truck + lift gate -- so we'll try to coordinate with you.
          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 30, 2011
              "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

              >I doubt there will be enough space + time during this particular haul. But, we also have the DEC/IBM rescue that I mentioned
              >yesterday -- for that one we'll probably need a box truck + lift gate -- so we'll try to coordinate with you.

              You want me to help you pick up that kit?
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 30, 2011

                >> You want me to help you pick up that kit?

                Help is good.

                I'm waiting to hear about when I can go scope out the location, etc., and then we'll coordinate the rescue itself.