Re: [midatlanticretro] catweasel project

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2011
      That's what I plan to use, a TM848, and the two popular Shugart's,
      800 / 850. Qume, etc

      http://vintagecomputer.net/shugart/SA851/

      It might be fun to try to motivate an iCOM drive or other esoteric
      species, being that it's easier when you don't have to worry about
      the TG43 line going low for inner tracks issue.

      Micropolis hard sector? Northstar, MITS, RK02? the possibilities are
      endless, but I realize that just because you have an image does not
      mean you have something usable.

      I exchanged emails with the DBIT guy today, placed an order.

      Until I get this adapter I am using a 1/2 height IBM AT 1.2Mb 5 1/4"
      drive. Good disks can be imaged in a matter of seconds with it.

      bd

      At 06:13 PM 1/28/2011, you wrote:

      > Yep. After reading several articles on the subject, I decided
      > it was worthwhile to have one that would work with even older
      > drives which require the TG43 line to be asserted. I've only tried
      > it with a couple of newer drives (TM848-2), but it works.
      >
      >On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, B Degnan wrote:
      >
      >>I should have asked, do you have one of these?
      >>Bill

      >>> imaging I am testing

      >>> Do yourself a favor and get one of these:
      >>>http://www.dbit.com/fdadap.html
      >>>
      >>>Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      >>>Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

      >>> Individual Email | Traditional
      >>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      >>

      >Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      >Old Technology http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2011
        On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, B Degnan wrote:

        > Until I get this adapter I am using a 1/2 height IBM AT 1.2Mb 5 1/4"
        > drive. Good disks can be imaged in a matter of seconds with it.

        I was pleasantly surprised by the speed at which it could image a disk.
        I tried it with both 1.2MB and 360KB drives, and it works well.

        I will still use IMD for certain things. I would like to see more
        formats added to Catweasel's Imagetool software.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...