Re: [midatlanticretro] Special events @ VCF

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
      Speaking of LAN gaming [from that vcforum thread about VCF East]
      I could bring my C64 network setup if you want to setup a little
      network gaming table. Just like we did at MakeFaire NYC.

    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 29, 2011
        On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:51:00AM -0500, Mike Loewen wrote:

        > > Need someone to volunteer to do that + all the technical logistics. I
        > > recall Mike L. saying our 029 is very close to being ready. Whomever
        > > volunteers for this would really have to know how to care for + operate
        > > the machine.
        >
        > I wouldn't say "very close". When I left it, it would feed, register,
        > release and clear, but it doesn't yet punch. I can continue working on it
        > after I replace the broken arc suppression card, but don't count on it for
        > this year's VCF.

        If its not ready we can do something similar with the teletype and paper
        tape. We could let them type in a line of text and punch it in binary ascii
        and block letters. I had the block letter punching as one of the things
        I let people do with my exhibit in the past.