Re: [midatlanticretro] Special events @ VCF

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
      Anybody want the box of 14 7/8 by 11?
      bs
      --- On Fri, 1/28/11, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Special events @ VCF
      To: "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, January 28, 2011, 1:56 PM

      >>> Yup we'll probably do that.

      >> If we do that, and we use a printer capable of handling 14 7/8" pin feed, I have tons of greenbar...don't know if MARCH does or not.

      > Why not 17"x11"? I have a DEC LeterPrinter (LA210) cabable of printing 17x11 as well as other sizes as the right side tractor is adjustable.

      Thanks, but we're going to keep it simple and use 8.5x11 fanfold. Justin is supplying the printer, and MARCH already has many boxes of paper taking up space that I'd like to make empty. :)
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
        Speaking of LAN gaming [from that vcforum thread about VCF East]
        I could bring my C64 network setup if you want to setup a little
        network gaming table. Just like we did at MakeFaire NYC.

      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 29, 2011
          On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:51:00AM -0500, Mike Loewen wrote:

          > > Need someone to volunteer to do that + all the technical logistics. I
          > > recall Mike L. saying our 029 is very close to being ready. Whomever
          > > volunteers for this would really have to know how to care for + operate
          > > the machine.
          >
          > I wouldn't say "very close". When I left it, it would feed, register,
          > release and clear, but it doesn't yet punch. I can continue working on it
          > after I replace the broken arc suppression card, but don't count on it for
          > this year's VCF.

          If its not ready we can do something similar with the teletype and paper
          tape. We could let them type in a line of text and punch it in binary ascii
          and block letters. I had the block letter punching as one of the things
          I let people do with my exhibit in the past.