Re: [midatlanticretro] Special events @ VCF

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
      systems_glitch <systems.glitch@...> writes:

      >> Yup we'll probably do that.
      >
      >If we do that, and we use a printer capable of handling 14 7/8" pin
      >feed, I have tons of greenbar...don't know if MARCH does or not.

      Why not 17"x11"?

      I have a DEC LeterPrinter (LA210) cabable of printing 17x11 as well as
      other sizes as the right side tractor is adjustable.
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011

        >>> Yup we'll probably do that.

        >> If we do that, and we use a printer capable of handling 14 7/8" pin feed, I have tons of greenbar...don't know if MARCH does or not.

        > Why not 17"x11"? I have a DEC LeterPrinter (LA210) cabable of printing 17x11 as well as other sizes as the right side tractor is adjustable.

        Thanks, but we're going to keep it simple and use 8.5x11 fanfold. Justin is supplying the printer, and MARCH already has many boxes of paper taking up space that I'd like to make empty. :)
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
          Mr Escape - would you be willing to run, from soup to nuts the ascii photo
          and printer station, supply the printer materials, and so on?

          This would be a great thing for you to do, if you'd like to put your
          knowledge and experience into practical use for the club at VCF.

          Otherwise, if you're already planning an exhibit or you're not available to
          help, we have to keep it simple because the staff is already going to be
          quite busy.

          Bill Degnan

          > >> Yup we'll probably do that.
          > >
          > >If we do that, and we use a printer capable of handling 14 7/8" pin
          > >feed, I have tons of greenbar...don't know if MARCH does or not.
          >
          > Why not 17"x11"?
          >
          > I have a DEC LeterPrinter (LA210) cabable of printing 17x11 as well as
          > other sizes as the right side tractor is adjustable.

        • Bob Schwier
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
            Anybody want the box of 14 7/8 by 11?
            bs

            >>> Yup we'll probably do that.

            >> If we do that, and we use a printer capable of handling 14 7/8" pin feed, I have tons of greenbar...don't know if MARCH does or not.

            > Why not 17"x11"? I have a DEC LeterPrinter (LA210) cabable of printing 17x11 as well as other sizes as the right side tractor is adjustable.

            Thanks, but we're going to keep it simple and use 8.5x11 fanfold. Justin is supplying the printer, and MARCH already has many boxes of paper taking up space that I'd like to make empty. :)
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 28, 2011
              Speaking of LAN gaming [from that vcforum thread about VCF East]
              I could bring my C64 network setup if you want to setup a little
              network gaming table. Just like we did at MakeFaire NYC.

            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 29, 2011
                On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:51:00AM -0500, Mike Loewen wrote:

                > > Need someone to volunteer to do that + all the technical logistics. I
                > > recall Mike L. saying our 029 is very close to being ready. Whomever
                > > volunteers for this would really have to know how to care for + operate
                > > the machine.
                >
                > I wouldn't say "very close". When I left it, it would feed, register,
                > release and clear, but it doesn't yet punch. I can continue working on it
                > after I replace the broken arc suppression card, but don't count on it for
                > this year's VCF.

                If its not ready we can do something similar with the teletype and paper
                tape. We could let them type in a line of text and punch it in binary ascii
                and block letters. I had the block letter punching as one of the things
                I let people do with my exhibit in the past.