RE: [midatlanticretro] Woohoo!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
      I just remembered -- you said you used to repair them.

      It should arrive here later this week or early next week, I can't wait...

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
        Hi Evan:

        I'm not an active eBay person (although I have bought a few things
        there)... Tell us about StealthBid.. I haven't heard of it.

        73 de Ray

        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
          You sign up for a free account, enter the eBay item # and your maximum price, and then it submits your bid at the last possible second so that people with higher maximum bids don't have time to top yours.

          I was skeptical but Sellam kept urging me to try it, and it worked perfectly.  I kept hitting "refresh" in my browser during the auction's final 10 minutes, and sure enough, with about 5 seconds remaining my StealthBid popped in there.  I immediately refreshed again and this time the auction was closed and I was the winner.

          homepage: http://www.snarc.net

          > Computer
          Collector Newsletter:

          href="http://news.computercollector.com">http://news.computercollector.com

          href="http://www.marchclub.org">http://www.marchclub.org

          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------

          ~-->
          > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo!
          your
          > home page

          href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/S_NqlB/TM

          ~->

          > Yahoo! Groups
          Links

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 19, 2005
            On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Evan wrote:

            > You sign up for a free account, enter the eBay item # and your maximum
            > price, and then it submits your bid at the last possible second so that
            > people with higher maximum bids don't have time to top yours.

            These days, the usefulness of these automatic bid services is mainly so
            you don't have to be logged on when the auction ends. Someone else with a
            higher bid ceiling than yours is still going to win, especially if they're
            also using an automatic bid service.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 21, 2005
              It has "Grid OS 3.1."

              Ummm, yeah so it arrived today and fired right up! That bright orange
              startup screen is pretty cool. The computer seems to be in excellent
              condition as is the manual.

              However the computer makes a constant, quiet "buzzzzzzzzz" when it's on. Is
              that normal, just like any other computer?

              I can't wait to show this off at the next club meeting. :) :) :)

              - Evan

              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
                Just got the printer on my HX-20 to work. Oh happy night.
              • Jeffrey Frady
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
                  Congrats!

                  Just got the printer on my HX-20 to work. Oh happy night.

                  Moderator at http://forums.palm.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
                    Now I better find a source for replacement ribbons before I have too much fun and use of this one.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 11, 2007
                      Ha!  That was easy: they're listed on cdw.com.  Who would've guessed?

                      Now I better find a source for replacement ribbons before I have too much fun and use of this one.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                        This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                        connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                        wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.

                        So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                        (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.

                        Coooool.
                      • Sridhar Ayengar
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                          evan947 wrote:
                          > This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                          > connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                          > wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                          >
                          > So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                          > (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                          >
                          > Coooool.

                          Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                          so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                          increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

                          Peace... Sridhar
                        • Evan
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 3, 2007
                            No, but I'll let Bryan chime in. He knows the setup best.
                          • Bryan Pope
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
                              Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                              > evan947 wrote:
                              >
                              >> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                              >> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                              >> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                              >>
                              >> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                              >> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                              >>
                              >> Coooool.
                              >>

                              > Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                              > so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                              > increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,

                              No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

                              Cheers,

                              Bryan
                            • Sridhar Ayengar
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 4, 2007
                                Bryan Pope wrote:
                                > Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
                                >> evan947 wrote:
                                >>
                                >>> This message is sent from the InfoAge main building, via a router,
                                >>> connected to Bryan's wifi-to-ethernet gadget, connected at 47% status
                                >>> wirelessly to Steve's router and cable modem across the street.
                                >>>
                                >>> So now we just have to run a wire to the event room and we're all set
                                >>> (in theory) for Chuck Peddle's videocon next week.
                                >>>
                                >>> Coooool.
                                >>>
                                >> Is the doohicky one that uses an RP-TNC connector for its antennas? If
                                >> so, I wouldn't mind bringing down a couple of higher-dBi antennas to
                                >> increase the signal, if you think that might be a good idea,
                                >>

                                > No.. Unfortunately the antenna is hard-wired to this device.

                                Oh well.

                                Peace... Sridhar
                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 29 2:11 AM
                                  Wake-up time for Maker Faire...

                                  I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                                  Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                                  Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.
                                • Mike Loewen
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 29 6:08 AM
                                    On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                                    > Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                                    >
                                    > I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                                    ...because it's in NYC.

                                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 29 2:03 PM
                                      On 09/29/2012 09:08 AM, Mike Loewen wrote:
                                      > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Wake-up time for Maker Faire...
                                      >>
                                      >> I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.
                                      >
                                      > ...because it's in NYC.

                                      Pretty much, yeah. :-(

                                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                      New Kensington, PA
                                    • Christian Liendo
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 29 5:51 PM

                                        Sorry but now I am saying guardian to the two kids... I will try and help out tomorrow for an hr or 2. I have tickets, so I am good.

                                        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                                        I just don't get why most of MARCH sits this one out. Maker Faire is awesome and it's different from all other events that we attend.

                                        Dan R., Ethan, Jeff(s), etc. can all vouch for this.

                                        Anyway: Alise and I loaded her car last night. Leaving soon.

                                      • Burning Image
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 30 1:35 PM

                                          If I hadn't been traveling for the past 2 weeks, I would have been there.

                                          Cory - WA3UVV

                                          1a. Woohoo!
                                              Posted by: "Evan Koblentz" evan@... ekoblentz
                                              Date: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am ((PDT))