Re: [midatlanticretro] Money in this hobby?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
      Gee, now that you mention it, I used to feed my collecting habit back in the late 80's by buying people's "complete setup - will not split" packages on CompuServe. I collected Tandy Model 100's, HP Portables and handhelds. Selling off the stuff I already had or didn't want, would generally cover the cost of the bundle and leave me with the good stuff, especially the unusual accessories, for free!

      Jim

      On 1/26/2011 1:02 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:

      On Wednesday, January 26, 2011, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > At 12:20 PM 1/26/2011, you wrote:
      >>I guess this question a lot.
      >>
      >>"How do you make money on collecting?"
      >>
      >>I reply, if you find out let me know..
      >>
      >>I have yet to make a money on any of this..
      >>
      > A million things and nothing to sell.  Tell me about it.

      I know :)
      Invest in a spaceship capable of warp speed. Bring lots of cash. Fly
      at warp speed in a hyperbolic trajectory towards the Sun's
      gravitational field to reverse time back to the 70s. Buy up as many
      Altair's, Imsai's, Poly 88's, Apples and TRS80s. Also buy stock in
      IBM, APPLE, and Microsoft - that'll pay for the space ship when you
      get back. Reverse the trajectory from the Sun gravitional field and
      get back home. Sell machines on eBay.

      That should do it, wait, Ok, forget the TRS80's
      ;)
      =Dan
      45th anniv of Star Trek this year