TooManyGames 2011 - May 6th-8th - Greater Philadelphia Expo Center

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2011
      I suppose we should be happy that they did not pick the same weekend as our event, but it's awfully close to VCF E.   Depending on my exhibit progress/situation I will try to go to this, and bring some VCF flyers for the info table.  If you've ever been to one of these, there are a lot of vintage games, some good deals, and of course modern stuff.  I was amazed the first time I went to one of these how dedicated game cart collectors are.  Very knowledgeable.

      Let me know if anyone else is interested.

      Bill
      --------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------

      TooManyGames 2011 - May 6th-8th - Greater Philadelphia Expo Center

      Gamers get ready! TooManyGames is returning to bring everyone together for another festival of gaming awesomeness! In 2011 TooMayGames is expanding our event from just one day to a three day long extravaganza!  More games, more tournaments, more concerts, more vendors, more party!

      Start preparing now for the greatest gaming event to ever rock Pennsylvania! TooManyGames 2011 is taking place May 6th-8th at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. We have 80,000 square feet we're packing with games and gaming gear!

      In our main exhibition hall you can check out all our vendors in the marketplace and score some sweet games to add to your collections or some awesome arts and crafts! In our 15,000 square foot tabletop gaming battleground you can compete in Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments and also participate in RPGs all throughout the weekend! Stop by our console arena to check out gaming's greatest hits of yesterday and today and compete against your fellow gamers for prizes and glory! Stop in the Power Bar to recharge your mana and check out some of our hot bands performing all weekend long! Throughout the weekend stop by our panel and movie rooms to check out great movies and fan-made videos as well as listen to some cool people talk about how awesome it is to be a gamer!

      PC gamers, we've got a 17,000 square foot BYOPC LAN room, powered by The GXL, where you and hundreds of fellow PC gamers can fight and quest all day and all night long, non-stop! Stop by The GXL's website at www.thegxl.com for more info and to sign up for the LAN!

      Registration for TooManyGames is now open! Just visit our website at http://www.toomanygames.com to get more info on what's happening at the show and to register for a pass or to set up in our marketplace!

      -- __
      Chuck Whitby
      Executive Director
      Too Many Games
      "Let us Play"

      484.334.5734
      GTalk/AIM - TMGChuck
      www.toomanygames.com
    • mattmik
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
        Just thought it might be worth mentioning that 8BitPeoples announced that BlipFestival 2011 is going to be in May, too. It's a ChipTune festival, so it probably won't be in conflict with VCF East, but I just wanted to bring it up.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
          When is that?

          At 08:36 AM 1/22/2011, you wrote:
          >Just thought it might be worth mentioning that 8BitPeoples announced
          >that BlipFestival 2011 is going to be in May, too. It's a ChipTune
          >festival, so it probably won't be in conflict with VCF East, but I
          >just wanted to bring it up.
          >
          >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
          > > I suppose we should be happy that they did not pick the same weekend
          > > as our event, but it's awfully close to VCF E.

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
            This is their website, I keep this on my list too, but this year's dates are still TBA
            http://blipfestival.org/
            I wondered last year what happened to their 2010 show, but they skipped NYC.

            On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
            When is that?

            At 08:36 AM 1/22/2011, you wrote:
            >Just thought it might be worth mentioning that 8BitPeoples announced
            >that BlipFestival 2011 is going to be in May, too. It's a ChipTune
            >festival, so it probably won't be in conflict with VCF East, but I
            >just wanted to bring it up.
            >
            >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
            > > I suppose we should be happy that they did not pick the same weekend
            > > as our event, but it's awfully close to VCF E.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 22, 2011
              Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

              >This is their website, I keep this on my list too, but this year's dates are
              >still TBA
              >http://blipfestival.org/
              >I wondered last year what happened to their 2010 show, but they skipped NYC.

              That's an awful site. There's nothing to tell the visitor what BlipFestival
              is all about.