Ohio Scientific Computers and docs - Mid winter cleanout!

  • D
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
      Ohio Scientific Computers and docs - Mid winter cleanout!
      Emergency Mid winter cleanout!
      C1P w/ 610 bd, C2-4P dual 5.25"floppy, C4P 5.25" floppy 48K RAM, C3 case w/ 48pin bus backplane, 5v Lamda power supply, B&W monitor, lotsa manuals, op system software, cassette software: (wp6502, games), miscellaneous OSI boards.
      I just got the word on Jan 18, 2011. I lost my space in friends basement electronic workshop (near Pottstown, PA). DUMP TRUCK arrives this Sunday, Jan 23, at 1:00 PM. The plan was to setup working OSIs but buddy ended up with Lyme Desease and now in SE VA Center. Anyone interested? Hate to see these go in recycling bin. I have no room to setup.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
        > Ohio Scientific Computers and docs - Mid winter cleanout!
        > Emergency Mid winter cleanout!
        > C1P w/ 610 bd, C2-4P dual 5.25"floppy, C4P 5.25" floppy 48K RAM, C3 case w/ 48pin bus backplane, 5v Lamda power supply, B&W monitor, lotsa manuals, op system software, cassette software: (wp6502, games), miscellaneous OSI boards.
        > I just got the word on Jan 18, 2011. I lost my space in friends basement electronic workshop (near Pottstown, PA). DUMP TRUCK arrives this Sunday, Jan 23, at 1:00 PM. The plan was to setup working OSIs but buddy ended up with Lyme Desease and now in SE VA Center. Anyone interested? Hate to see these go in recycling bin. I have no room to setup.

        It's really not cool to make your FIRST post on our list a for-sale ad.

        Having said that ... we very much like OSI computers. Are you offering
        these as a donation to a good home, or for sale? If so, then list a price.
      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
          I am definitely interested, but have airline tickets for tomorrow.
          If Infoage doesn't have first dibs I will take them, if only someone could rescue them for me.
          Why is my timing always off?
          Oh well.

          billdrom

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
                A good home for OSI! Sorry about first post protocol. Tomorrow during the day ( assuming roads OK) I am going from Reading,PA on 45 minute drive to sort what's going out sunday and wanted to quickly find out if there was any interest. Luckly I had saved old handouts from TCF and yahoo search. I don't have the '81 Volvo wagon any more to transport good stuph.
                I won't throw out the OSI but cannot store for very long. I don't want any arguments about who gets what. You guys can have a lottery, auction, or draw straws to decide. Who should I call and when? I have Vz cell phone.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 18, 2011
                  Thanks for the additional info, and for thinking of us. I forgive your
                  first-post faux pas. :)

                  I'm claiming the OSI on behalf our club/museum.

                  Attention MARCHins: we need someone who lives out there to rescue this
                  on our behalf.