68k Mac demo disks

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2011
      68k Mac demo disks All --

          I was playing around with some of my old Mac (68k) disks on vMac this evening and I wondered if there was a demo disk for either the 128k or 512k that is available somewhere. I did some searching but couldn’t come up with a usable disk image (or maybe my Google search terms were less than stellar). If someone has a pointer to a disk image I’d appreciate it.

      Thanks.

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
        A rather esoteric book about HP calulators just sold on eBay for $137.50
        after 15 "bids" among 5 people.

        The book "Control the World with HP-IL" is only of interest to serious
        HP collectors and I was surprised by the level of interest. Now the book
        is back with a 'buy it now' of $149.95. I can't tell if it's the same
        copy or not. Meanwhile, auctions on some more common HP hardware expired
        without a bid.

        The item was 150551031588 if you want to look.

        The moral would be to figure out what will become collectible when
        people are throwing it away as "junk" and start gathering.

        A couple weeks ago I set up an automatic search for new listings in the
        HP calculators category. I realize HP handhelds are outside the regular
        purview of this group, but are these prices "normal"?

        Jim
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
          I guess this question a lot.

          "How do you make money on collecting?"

          I reply, if you find out let me know..

          I have yet to make a money on any of this..

          The rule of thumb being, buy low and sell high.. I buy, then keep...
          Then pay for storage, which increases how much I pay for the item over time.. If I wanted to make money, I wouldn't buy any of this.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
            At 12:20 PM 1/26/2011, you wrote:
            >I guess this question a lot.
            >
            >"How do you make money on collecting?"
            >
            >I reply, if you find out let me know..
            >
            >I have yet to make a money on any of this..
            >

            >The rule of thumb being, buy low and sell high.. I buy, then keep...
            >Then pay for storage, which increases how much I pay for the item
            >over time.. If I wanted to make money, I wouldn't buy any of this.

            A million things and nothing to sell. Tell me about it.

            Bill
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
              On Wednesday, January 26, 2011, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
              > At 12:20 PM 1/26/2011, you wrote:
              >>I guess this question a lot.
              >>
              >>"How do you make money on collecting?"
              >>
              >>I reply, if you find out let me know..
              >>
              >>I have yet to make a money on any of this..
              >>
              > A million things and nothing to sell.  Tell me about it.

              I know :)
              Invest in a spaceship capable of warp speed. Bring lots of cash. Fly
              at warp speed in a hyperbolic trajectory towards the Sun's
              gravitational field to reverse time back to the 70s. Buy up as many
              Altair's, Imsai's, Poly 88's, Apples and TRS80s. Also buy stock in
              IBM, APPLE, and Microsoft - that'll pay for the space ship when you
              get back. Reverse the trajectory from the Sun gravitional field and
              get back home. Sell machines on eBay.

              That should do it, wait, Ok, forget the TRS80's
              ;)
              =Dan
              45th anniv of Star Trek this year

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
                Gee, now that you mention it, I used to feed my collecting habit back in the late 80's by buying people's "complete setup - will not split" packages on CompuServe. I collected Tandy Model 100's, HP Portables and handhelds. Selling off the stuff I already had or didn't want, would generally cover the cost of the bundle and leave me with the good stuff, especially the unusual accessories, for free!

                Jim