Re: [midatlanticretro] Parts Search Engines

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 13, 2011
      On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      The large suppliers send an XML feel or CIF format file, or some other
      format file perhaps quarterly.  There is no search the web type searching
      happening here, they're being given the data from the supplier.

      So, if you want to do this project, you'd have to make arrangements with
      the suppliers to send you their database feed, which costs $$.

      I do this for a living.

      I imagined there was some kind of database already. That's nothing new, its been done in the industry for quite sometime now.
      I'm just a poor little defenseless homebrew hacker ;)

      =Dan