Gavilan mania!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2011
      UPS brought me two large boxes today. They're full of Gavilan parts,
      thanks to Erik Klein (who has given a lot over the past few years, and
      has spent a non-trivial amount of $$ on shipping.)

      We could easily make three or full complete Gavilan computers out of
      these parts.

      For those who may not be familiar with this semi-obscure machine:
      Gavilan made laptops in the 83-85 timeframe. They're known for having
      an optical trackpad -- quite extraordinary in 83. Early units also had
      a 3" (not 3.5) internal floppy drive. Gavilan was founded by Manny
      Fernandez, who was at Exxon Data Systems / Zilog before, and went on to
      form the Gartner research firm.

      Erik says the large amount of parts came from a guy who used to run a
      Gavilan user group.