Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: offering two (2) TRS-80 Model III computers

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
      I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it
      back just now. Let's see what happens .....

      Everyone: go to our Yahoo page
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/midaltanticretro), login, then click
      'applications' in the left-side nav bar. You'll find a people map there.

      When Yahoo made the map option a year or two ago, there was a 25-person
      limit, which wouldn't work for us. I don't know if they changed that or
      not.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
        PS - I configured it to require only your city and state. Nobody needs
        to know our street addresses.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
          Says Yahoo's help page: "Because of limitations on the Yahoo! Maps API,
          we can only display 25 points on a map at one time. However, by using
          the location box to jump to a different location (or manually scrolling
          the map and clicking redo search in the map area), you can generate a
          new set of points to appear on the map."

          > PS - I configured it to require only your city and state. Nobody needs to know our street addresses.
          >> I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it back just now. Let's see what happens .....
        • Sills Raymond
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
            OK.. so I added my info to the map page. But, somehow my entry got
            stuck at the top of the list. That ain't right!!! Info-Age should
            be there. Anyway, there it is.

            73 de Ray

          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
              Last in goes on top

              Bill Degnan

              > OK.. so I added my info to the map page. But, somehow my entry got
              > stuck at the top of the list. That ain't right!!! Info-Age should
              > be there. Anyway, there it is.
              >
              > 73 de Ray
              >
              > On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >
              > > I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it
              > > back just now. Let's see what happens .....
              > >
              > > Everyone: go to our Yahoo page
              > > (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/midaltanticretro), login, then click
              > > 'applications' in the left-side nav bar. You'll find a people map
              > > there.
              > >
              > > When Yahoo made the map option a year or two ago, there was a 25-
              > > person
              > > limit, which wouldn't work for us. I don't know if they changed
              > > that or
              > > not.
              > >

              > > On 01/07/2011 11:19 AM, Bill Degnan wrote:
              > >> We had (or still have) one in our yahoo groups page. You put a
              > >> pin where
              > >> you live, etc.
              > >>
              > >> Bill Degnan

            • brian_cirulnick
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:

                > What parts do you need? I have the motherboard and power supply from a model III that someone hacked a PC into. Located in Wantage, NJ.

                --------------

                Let me get back to you... I believe I have a working model III with no drives and a non-working Model III with drives. Maybe I just need to combine the two, although, if I recall, the non-working with drives had more RAM. I need to find the time to play around with them.

                Even a snow day doesn't exempt me from work, followed by laborious shoveling. Followed by more chores, followed by being too exhausted to do much else afterwards. ;-)
              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...>
                  wrote:

                  > > What parts do you need? I have the motherboard and power supply from a
                  model III that someone hacked a PC into. Located in Wantage, NJ.

                  > --------------
                  >
                  > Let me get back to you... I believe I have a working model III with no
                  drives and a non-working Model III with drives. Maybe I just need to
                  combine the two, although, if I recall, the non-working with drives had
                  more RAM. I need to find the time to play around with them.

                  > Even a snow day doesn't exempt me from work, followed by laborious
                  shoveling. Followed by more chores, followed by being too exhausted to do
                  much else afterwards. ;-)

                  This is an easy job, should only take an hour to move the working parts of
                  the model III that has no drives into the system that does not work but has
                  drives. It's a lot easier if you leave the drives, controller, and MB in
                  the system that has drives than the other way around. RAM can be moved
                  without incident.

                  BD
                • JeffreyB
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 8, 2011

                    > I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it
                    > back just now. Let's see what happens .....
                    >
                    > Everyone: go to our Yahoo page
                    > (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/midaltanticretro), login, then click
                    > 'applications' in the left-side nav bar. You'll find a people map there.
                    >
                    > When Yahoo made the map option a year or two ago, there was a 25-person
                    > limit, which wouldn't work for us. I don't know if they changed that or
                    > not.

                    Evan,

                    You mixed up the "a" and "l".

                    Jeff