TRS 80 Model III

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011
      I have the TRS 80 Model III from Bob, with a bad power supply but all else
      OK, if anyone wants to make the trip to Wilmington to get it. This is one
      of Bob's from the pickup today. He also gave me another one, with VRData
      drives, I will hold onto that one for a while and use it myself.

      I am guessing it blew a rice cap on the power supply, and if I am correct
      eventually I will fix it myself. Bob tested the other components and said
      that they were OK.

      There is no rush, I will hold onto it, use it, whatever. I am sure someone
      eventually will be able to make use of it.

      Coincidentally I had another stock TRS 80 Model III for sale over Christmas
      on craigslist.com, but I never sold it. I may put that one on Ebay at some
      point, not overly motivated to do so. If you see it for sale, do not buy
      it as I would have a free one for MARCH people only and you would be
      wasting your money.

      I like the idea of keeping things free/cheap to MARCH people, and retail
      prices for others. I hope people agree with that philosophy. If we share
      amongst ourselves that's one of the things that makes being in our club
      valuable.

      Bill Degnan