Re: [midatlanticretro] California Computer Systems 2200 on Ebay

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
      On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      >> Whoa.. I never seen one of these.

      Yea, it's a sweet one

      > I got this computer from a professor at Columbia University.  I took a lot

      Yea, I still want it ! ;)

      > of the parts from it to use in other things.  The CCS's are part of the
      > later S-100 class.  Not really historic.

      But its a Godbout system

      I'm rescuing a Z-100 system, complete with docs, software and spare
      parts this wknd, couldn't resist, another nice ieee-696 system

      =Dan

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011

        > I'm rescuing a Z-100 system, complete with docs, software and spare
        > parts this wknd, couldn't resist, another nice ieee-696 system

        Cool, you mean a Zenith?

        Do you have plans for VCF exhibiting?

        bd
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
          On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

          >> I'm rescuing a Z-100 system, complete with docs, software and spare
          >> parts this wknd, couldn't resist, another nice ieee-696 system
          >>

          > Cool, you mean a Zenith?

          Yeap

          > Do you have plans for VCF exhibiting?

          Yes, I do, as soon as I safely find a way to connect the fusion
          reactor for my simulator exhibit ;)

          Press Start at your own risk
          =Dan
          I'll have to defer on the judging, in the event my exhibit causes any
          radiation hazard, I would feel guilty :)

        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011

            > > Do you have plans for VCF exhibiting?
            > >

            > Yes, I do, as soon as I safely find a way to connect the fusion
            > reactor for my simulator exhibit ;)
            >
            > Press Start at your own risk
            > =Dan
            > I'll have to defer on the judging, in the event my exhibit causes any
            > radiation hazard, I would feel guilty :)

            That's reasonable. You will be secretly judged instead, by society