California Computer Systems 2200 on Ebay

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
      Whoa.. I never seen one of these.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-S-100-California-Computer-Systems-2200-Series-/130470713284

      This is a nice looking S100.. I know Bill has one, but I never saw one.

      I had to put on the old blog.
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011

        > Whoa.. I never seen one of these.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-S-100-California-Computer-Systems-2200-Series-
        /130470713284

        > This is a nice looking S100.. I know Bill has one, but I never saw one.
        >
        > I had to put on the old blog.

        http://www.vintagecomputer.net/California_Computer_Systems/

        I got this computer from a professor at Columbia University. I took a lot
        of the parts from it to use in other things. The CCS's are part of the
        later S-100 class. Not really historic. You would have bought one of
        these instead of an IBM PC for example, came out at about the same time.

        bd
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
          On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

          >> Whoa.. I never seen one of these.

          Yea, it's a sweet one

          > I got this computer from a professor at Columbia University.  I took a lot

          Yea, I still want it ! ;)

          > of the parts from it to use in other things.  The CCS's are part of the
          > later S-100 class.  Not really historic.

          But its a Godbout system

          I'm rescuing a Z-100 system, complete with docs, software and spare
          parts this wknd, couldn't resist, another nice ieee-696 system

          =Dan

        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011

            > I'm rescuing a Z-100 system, complete with docs, software and spare
            > parts this wknd, couldn't resist, another nice ieee-696 system

            Cool, you mean a Zenith?

            Do you have plans for VCF exhibiting?

            bd
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
              On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              >> I'm rescuing a Z-100 system, complete with docs, software and spare
              >> parts this wknd, couldn't resist, another nice ieee-696 system
              >>

              > Cool, you mean a Zenith?

              Yeap

              > Do you have plans for VCF exhibiting?

              Yes, I do, as soon as I safely find a way to connect the fusion
              reactor for my simulator exhibit ;)

              Press Start at your own risk
              =Dan
              I'll have to defer on the judging, in the event my exhibit causes any
              radiation hazard, I would feel guilty :)

            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011

                > > Do you have plans for VCF exhibiting?
                > >

                > Yes, I do, as soon as I safely find a way to connect the fusion
                > reactor for my simulator exhibit ;)
                >
                > Press Start at your own risk
                > =Dan
                > I'll have to defer on the judging, in the event my exhibit causes any
                > radiation hazard, I would feel guilty :)

                That's reasonable. You will be secretly judged instead, by society