Re: offering two (2) TRS-80 Model III computers

  • BobShuster
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 5, 2011
      These are now spoken for. Thanks Bill D.! :) - Bob

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:

      > I was given a souped-up Model IV, so I've decided I no longer want to store three of these monsters, and therefore my two Model IIIs have to go. Both have dual full-height drives and 48K, all keys, and in great physical shape. One of them works great (drives probably need alignment) and the other won't power up (probably the p/s). The drives and monitor work on the dead one - I tried them with the other Model III. I even have a Tandy cover for one of them.
      >
      > I'd like these to go to a good home, if not the museum, but in exchange I'd like some help setting up one or both of my 15MB hard drives with my Model IV. You'll have to come to my house for pick-up (and to help set up the hard drive(s). I'm five minutes from the Fort Washington exit of the PA Turnpike, just outside of Philadelphia near Chestnut Hill.
      >
      > Anyone interested please email me to make arrangements. I work at home, so my availability is pretty good.
      >
      > Happy Holidays! - Bob

    • brian_cirulnick
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 6, 2011
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:

        > No bites at all on these machines, except one person who wanted me to ship them. I'll drop the requirement to help me with the hard drives - ultimately I just need to find a home for the Model IIIs. So... Two TRS-80 Model III computers available to a good home! See details below. Only condition is that you must come get them - if I was willing to pack and ship them I'd put them on eBay. I'm also going to post these to the Yahoo TRS-80 group, and if I get no responses in another week, they're going up on FreeCycle, then to a recycler.
        ----------------

        Where are you located? I have a non-working Model III so, between all of them, I might be able to piece together a complete Model III, and then throw the remainder to Chris Liendo, who doesn't have any TRS-80's yet....
      • brian_cirulnick
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 6, 2011
          Whoops... Nevermind.

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:

          > These are now spoken for. Thanks Bill D.! :) - Bob
          >
          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was given a souped-up Model IV, so I've decided I no longer want to store three of these monsters, and therefore my two Model IIIs have to go. Both have dual full-height drives and 48K, all keys, and in great physical shape. One of them works great (drives probably need alignment) and the other won't power up (probably the p/s). The drives and monitor work on the dead one - I tried them with the other Model III. I even have a Tandy cover for one of them.
          > >
          > > I'd like these to go to a good home, if not the museum, but in exchange I'd like some help setting up one or both of my 15MB hard drives with my Model IV. You'll have to come to my house for pick-up (and to help set up the hard drive(s). I'm five minutes from the Fort Washington exit of the PA Turnpike, just outside of Philadelphia near Chestnut Hill.
          > >
          > > Anyone interested please email me to make arrangements. I work at home, so my availability is pretty good.
          > >
          > > Happy Holidays! - Bob

        • Kelly D. Leavitt
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 6, 2011
            > Where are you located? I have a non-working Model III so, between all of them, I might be
            > able to piece together a complete Model III, and then throw the remainder to
            > Chris Liendo, who doesn't have any TRS-80's yet....

            What parts do you need? I have the motherboard and power supply from a model III that someone hacked a PC into. Located in Wantage, NJ.

            Kelly
          • Al Hartman
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
              If anyone in the vicinity of Keansburg, NJ has a Model III or Model IV to
              give away or trade (I have a B&W G3, Coco or an Apple IIgs to trade), I'd
              like to have one.

              Thanks!

              Al
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                > If anyone in the vicinity of Keansburg, NJ has a Model III or Model IV to give away or trade (I have a B&W G3, Coco or an Apple IIgs to trade), I'd like to have one.

                I don't think we have any other members in that area. A few people
                (Jeff B., Matt, Nick) live in Monmouth County, but they're not Tandy people.
              • Christopher Blackmon
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                  We need a map showing roughly (like county/city & state) where everyone lives  :-)
                  cb

                  > If anyone in the vicinity of Keansburg, NJ has a Model III or Model IV to give away or trade (I have a B&W G3, Coco or an Apple IIgs to trade), I'd like to have one.

                  I don't think we have any other members in that area. A few people
                  (Jeff B., Matt, Nick) live in Monmouth County, but they're not Tandy people.

                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                    We had (or still have) one in our yahoo groups page. You put a pin where
                    you live, etc.

                    Bill Degnan

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                      I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it
                      back just now. Let's see what happens .....

                      Everyone: go to our Yahoo page
                      (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/midaltanticretro), login, then click
                      'applications' in the left-side nav bar. You'll find a people map there.

                      When Yahoo made the map option a year or two ago, there was a 25-person
                      limit, which wouldn't work for us. I don't know if they changed that or
                      not.

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                        PS - I configured it to require only your city and state. Nobody needs
                        to know our street addresses.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                          Says Yahoo's help page: "Because of limitations on the Yahoo! Maps API,
                          we can only display 25 points on a map at one time. However, by using
                          the location box to jump to a different location (or manually scrolling
                          the map and clicking redo search in the map area), you can generate a
                          new set of points to appear on the map."

                          > PS - I configured it to require only your city and state. Nobody needs to know our street addresses.
                          >> I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it back just now. Let's see what happens .....
                        • Sills Raymond
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                            OK.. so I added my info to the map page. But, somehow my entry got
                            stuck at the top of the list. That ain't right!!! Info-Age should
                            be there. Anyway, there it is.

                            73 de Ray

                          • Bill Degnan
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                              Last in goes on top

                              Bill Degnan

                              > OK.. so I added my info to the map page. But, somehow my entry got
                              > stuck at the top of the list. That ain't right!!! Info-Age should
                              > be there. Anyway, there it is.
                              >
                              > 73 de Ray
                              >
                              > On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                              >
                              > > I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it
                              > > back just now. Let's see what happens .....
                              > >
                              > > Everyone: go to our Yahoo page
                              > > (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/midaltanticretro), login, then click
                              > > 'applications' in the left-side nav bar. You'll find a people map
                              > > there.
                              > >
                              > > When Yahoo made the map option a year or two ago, there was a 25-
                              > > person
                              > > limit, which wouldn't work for us. I don't know if they changed
                              > > that or
                              > > not.
                              > >

                              > > On 01/07/2011 11:19 AM, Bill Degnan wrote:
                              > >> We had (or still have) one in our yahoo groups page. You put a
                              > >> pin where
                              > >> you live, etc.
                              > >>
                              > >> Bill Degnan

                            • brian_cirulnick
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:

                                > What parts do you need? I have the motherboard and power supply from a model III that someone hacked a PC into. Located in Wantage, NJ.

                                --------------

                                Let me get back to you... I believe I have a working model III with no drives and a non-working Model III with drives. Maybe I just need to combine the two, although, if I recall, the non-working with drives had more RAM. I need to find the time to play around with them.

                                Even a snow day doesn't exempt me from work, followed by laborious shoveling. Followed by more chores, followed by being too exhausted to do much else afterwards. ;-)
                              • Bill Degnan
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 7, 2011
                                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > > What parts do you need? I have the motherboard and power supply from a
                                  model III that someone hacked a PC into. Located in Wantage, NJ.

                                  > --------------
                                  >
                                  > Let me get back to you... I believe I have a working model III with no
                                  drives and a non-working Model III with drives. Maybe I just need to
                                  combine the two, although, if I recall, the non-working with drives had
                                  more RAM. I need to find the time to play around with them.

                                  > Even a snow day doesn't exempt me from work, followed by laborious
                                  shoveling. Followed by more chores, followed by being too exhausted to do
                                  much else afterwards. ;-)

                                  This is an easy job, should only take an hour to move the working parts of
                                  the model III that has no drives into the system that does not work but has
                                  drives. It's a lot easier if you leave the drives, controller, and MB in
                                  the system that has drives than the other way around. RAM can be moved
                                  without incident.

                                  BD
                                • JeffreyB
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 8, 2011

                                    > I took it off eons ago because very few people used it. But I put it
                                    > back just now. Let's see what happens .....
                                    >
                                    > Everyone: go to our Yahoo page
                                    > (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/midaltanticretro), login, then click
                                    > 'applications' in the left-side nav bar. You'll find a people map there.
                                    >
                                    > When Yahoo made the map option a year or two ago, there was a 25-person
                                    > limit, which wouldn't work for us. I don't know if they changed that or
                                    > not.

                                    Evan,

                                    You mixed up the "a" and "l".

                                    Jeff