Happy New Year + Happy B-Day to MARCH

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hi all,

      Last year I sent a very long year-end email, and it probably put some
      people to sleep, so here's a change of pace -- a year-beginning email
      that'll be nice and short.

      Major plans for MARCH this year include:
      - Return of the VCF East, May 14-15
      - Finally making our new museum (timing depends on InfoAge factors
      beyond MARCH's control)
      - Becoming a 501c3 (probably post-VCF)
      - Organizing and cataloging our entire collection
      - Getting more systems into operating status

      And, as everyone knows, this will involve some expenses. Our liability
      insurance, renting trucks for large equipment rescues, acquiring museum
      supplies, printing club literature for the events we attend, VCF
      preparation, various tables and shelving units, etc., etc. .......
      SOOOO, everyone is asked, but not required, to please contribute
      whatever you can. We prefer contributions via PayPal using the "Donate"
      button at http://www.midatlanticretro.org -- or you can send checks to
      our treasurer (Justin) -- email him for the details.

      Also, by some miracle of The Grid, our group turns six years old this
      month. By an even bigger miracle, there hasn't been a mutiny against my
      pseudo-leadership yet. Perhaps a few close calls. :) Anyway, this is
      the part where I remind everyone to SPEAK UP -- either in public or
      privately to me -- with any comments, gripes, or suggestions.

      Happy 2011,
      - Evan