Re: VCF East Rules & Reg's ...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011

      Dan,
      Just between you and I

      Hi all --

      Obviously Bill's email was meant to be a private one.  The good news is he and Mike Lee kissed and made up.   :)

      Exhibit judging this year will be transparent and consistent, as it should have been last year.  Mea culpa.

      All exhibitors will be given the option to opt-out of being judged, because some have asked for that in the past, and we respect it.  We'll also go over the categories with all exhibitors who do wish to be judged, to make sure they are on the same page as the judges.

      To anyone who is undecided about exhibiting, especially anyone who hasn't exhibited before, please see this as an opportunity to be recognized for your hobby accomplishments -- not for how much time and money you spend on the presentation.  (Of course, it should still look nice .... )

    • Michael Lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        Just a quick reply to say there was no offense taken, but I really
        appreciate the consideration and respect Bill had to e-mail me
        directly. I actually agree with the spirit of the original posts, and
        without going back into a discussion, my personal opinion is that all
        aspects should be considered for an award and not let politics or
        semantics get in the way, so we're good. We're all in this hobby
        together with differing goals, interests and focuses, and all the
        overall contributions should be recognized, so have fun, make friends
        and learn something.

        Mike