Saturday / Sunday

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 8, 2005
      I prefer Sunday, too many things happen on Saturday.
      (Actually I thought this was decided already, but for Saturday
       though... something of a whoops on my part.)

      John A.

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2005
        I think some people prefer Saturday and some prefer Sunday.  I just checked on weather.com and both days are supposed to be sunny with little or no chance of precipitation, but Sunday is slightly warmer and tomorrow's snow will have time to melt.

        So, let's meet Sunday at 9:30.  Let's all try to be punctual so we can go home and watch the Giants beat the Eagles again at 4:00.   :)

        Our mission is to catalog as much stuff as possible.

        If anyone needs to reach me Sunday morning, my cell is 646-546-9999 ... no reception in the InfoAge basement so if you arrive later, then enter the hotel building (big building by the #2201 mailbox on the main road), walk to the left inside the lobby, go to the end, walk to the right through the big room, enter the hallway at the opposite end, and the stairs down are on the right.

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
          Evan,

          I have some things that really need to get done this
          weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Did the rest
          of the Grabbe collection ever get moved? I assume that
          we would have heard if it had...

          Bob Grieb

          --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

          > I think some people prefer Saturday and some prefer Sunday. I just
          > checked
          > on weather.com and both days are supposed to be sunny with little or
          > no
          > chance of precipitation, but Sunday is slightly warmer and tomorrow's
          > snow
          > will have time to melt.
          >
          > So, let's meet Sunday at 9:30. Let's all try to be punctual so we
          > can go
          > home and watch the Giants beat the Eagles again at 4:00. :)
          >
          > Our mission is to catalog as much stuff as possible.
          >
          > If anyone needs to reach me Sunday morning, my cell is 646-546-9999
          > ... no
          > reception in the InfoAge basement so if you arrive later, then enter
          > the
          > hotel building (big building by the #2201 mailbox on the main road),
          > walk to
          > the left inside the lobby, go to the end, walk to the right through
          > the big
          > room, enter the hallway at the opposite end, and the stairs down are
          > on the
          > right.
          >
          > _____

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • madodel
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
            Evan wrote:
            > I think some people prefer Saturday and some prefer Sunday. I just
            > checked on weather.com and both days are supposed to be sunny with
            > little or no chance of precipitation, but Sunday is slightly warmer and
            > tomorrow's snow will have time to melt.
            >
            > So, let's meet Sunday at 9:30. Let's all try to be punctual so we can
            > go home and watch the Giants beat the Eagles again at 4:00. :)
            >
            > Our mission is to catalog as much stuff as possible.
            >
            > If anyone needs to reach me Sunday morning, my cell is 646-546-9999 ...
            > no reception in the InfoAge basement so if you arrive later, then enter
            > the hotel building (big building by the #2201 mailbox on the main road),
            > walk to the left inside the lobby, go to the end, walk to the right
            > through the big room, enter the hallway at the opposite end, and the
            > stairs down are on the right.

            I really want to come but (and you knew there was one of those didn't you?) my
            wife is working and we just had a fire on Wednesday that destroyed our almost
            finished new addition, so I really can't make it. Sorry about that.

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

            Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005
            http://www.warpstock.org
            Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

            http://www.os2voice.org

            "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of
            private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State
            itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an
            individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano
            Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
          • John Allain
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
              > Did the rest
              > of the Grabbe collection ever get moved? I assume that
              > we would have heard if it had...

              I sent Fred a direct letter of offer to help.
              Nothing came back. My guess is he was too busy.

              John A.
            • Evan
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
                >>> Did the rest of the Grabbe collection ever get moved?

                Not yet.

                --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

                > I think some people prefer
                Saturday and some prefer Sunday.  I just
                > checked
                > on
                weather.com and both days are supposed to be sunny with little or

                no
                > chance of precipitation, but Sunday is slightly warmer and
                tomorrow's
                > snow
                > will have time to melt.

                So, let's meet Sunday at 9:30.  Let's all try to be punctual so we

                can go
                > home and watch the Giants beat the Eagles again at
                4:00.   :)

                > Our mission is to catalog as much
                stuff as possible.

                > If anyone needs to reach me Sunday
                morning, my cell is 646-546-9999
                > ... no
                > reception in the InfoAge
                basement so if you arrive later, then enter
                > the
                > hotel building
                (big building by the #2201 mailbox on the main road),
                > walk to

                the left inside the lobby, go to the end, walk to the right through
                > the
                big
                > room, enter the hallway at the opposite end, and the stairs down
                are
                > on the
                > right.
                >
                >   _____

                of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                > Service

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                >   _____

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Evan
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
                  >>> My guess is he was too busy.
                  Correct, plus the move is no small matter.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
                    so far I think 4 peeps, myself included, have offered
                    to aid in the endeavor. We should do it very soon. Is
                    the issue money to rent the truck, etc.? It seems at
                    the very least John A. and I are primed and ready to
                    go.
                    <evan947@...> wrote:

                    > Not yet.
                    >
                    > _____

                    Of Bob Grieb
                    > Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 1:34 PM
                    > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Saturday / Sunday
                    >

                    > Evan,
                    >
                    > I have some things that really need to get done
                    this
                    > weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Did the
                    rest
                    > of the Grabbe collection ever get moved? I assume
                    that
                    > we would have heard if it had...
                    >
                    > Bob Grieb
                    >
                    > --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I think some people prefer Saturday and some
                    prefer Sunday. I just
                    > > checked
                    > > on weather.com and both days are supposed to be
                    sunny with little or
                    > > no
                    > > chance of precipitation, but Sunday is slightly
                    warmer and tomorrow's
                    > > snow
                    > > will have time to melt.
                    > >
                    > > So, let's meet Sunday at 9:30. Let's all try to
                    be punctual so we
                    > > can go
                    > > home and watch the Giants beat the Eagles again at
                    4:00. :)

                    > > Our mission is to catalog as much stuff as
                    possible.

                    > > If anyone needs to reach me Sunday morning, my
                    cell is 646-546-9999
                    > > ... no
                    > > reception in the InfoAge basement so if you arrive
                    later, then enter
                    > > the
                    > > hotel building (big building by the #2201 mailbox
                    on the main road),
                    > > walk to
                    > > the left inside the lobby, go to the end, walk to
                    the right through
                    > > the big
                    > > room, enter the hallway at the opposite end, and
                    the stairs down are
                    > > on the
                    > > right.
                    > >
                    > > _____

                    Yahoo! Terms of
                    > > Service
                    > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                    > >

                    > > _____

                    protection around
                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                    > Vintage

                    =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
                    > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

                    2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
                    > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

                    2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
                    > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
                    > Field

                    ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
                    > SwdHWZfg> trip
                    >
                    > _____
                    >
                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >

                    > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
                    on the web.

                    Yahoo! Terms of Service
                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                    >

                    > _____

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Evan
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 9, 2005
                      No, InfoAge has all the money / equipment they need.  Fred is just very busy.  He said something the other day about going to Grabbe's house to scope out exactly what needs to be moved -- apparently there is a LOT of stuff.  I'll forward an update when Fred provides it.

                      _____

                      <evan947@...> wrote:

                      > > I think some people
                      prefer Saturday and some
                      prefer Sunday.  I just

                      checked
                      > > on weather.com and both days are supposed to be
                      sunny with little or
                      > > no
                      > > chance of precipitation, but Sunday
                      is slightly
                      warmer and tomorrow's
                      > > snow
                      > > will have
                      time to melt.

                      > > So, let's meet Sunday at
                      9:30.  Let's all try to
                      be punctual so we
                      > > can go
                      > > home and watch the Giants beat the Eagles again at
                      4:00.   :)

                      > > Our mission is to catalog as much stuff
                      as
                      possible.

                      > > If anyone needs to reach me
                      Sunday morning, my
                      cell is 646-546-9999
                      > > ... no

                      reception in the InfoAge basement so if you arrive
                      later, then enter
                      > > the
                      > > hotel building (big building by the #2201 mailbox
                      on the main road),
                      > > walk to
                      > > the left inside the lobby, go
                      to the end, walk to
                      the right through
                      > > the big
                      > > room,
                      enter the hallway at the opposite end, and
                      the stairs down are

                      on the
                      > > right.
                      > >
                      > >   _____

                      *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an
                      email to:

                      *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                      Yahoo! Terms of
                      > > Service
                      > > <
                      > >

                      > >   _____

                      > Do You
                      Yahoo!?
                      protection around
                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      Vintage

                      =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa

                      fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer       Computer

                      2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E

                      Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security       Computer

                      2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU

                      ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training

                      Field

                      ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL

                      SwdHWZfg> trip

                      _____

                      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      >

                      > *      Visit
                      your group "midatlanticretro
                      > <
                      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
                      on the web.

                      > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
                      subject to the
                      Yahoo! Terms of Service
                      > <
                      >

                      >   _____

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • John Allain
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 10, 2005
                        subject: Incessant Hacking

                        I have a problem with my Hacking. Unfortunately it's the
                        coughing-hacking and not the coding-hacking. Rather than
                        give you all my cold I guess I'd better stay here so I don't
                        get blamed for any colds you might have. I'm pretty gung-ho
                        for these work days too. See you next time.

                        Best Wishes,
                        John A.
                      • John Allain
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 10, 2005
                          BTW I believe the place may be unheated so
                          dress accordingly don't give yourselves colds too. JEA
                        • Evan
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 10, 2005
                            Okay.

                            So it's ... me, Chris, Joe G. ...?  Who am I missing?

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 10, 2005
                              My participation will depend on Moms demeanor tomorrow
                              morning lol - my car is busted and hers is my only
                              means of transportation (van is doing duty as a
                              storage unit). Having said that, provided I can make
                              it, and if so cant swear itll be 9:30, I wont be
                              spending any significant time in the basement. The
                              atmosphere is too irritating to my respiratory system.
                              Cough cough weeeeeeze
                              <evan947@...> wrote:
                              > Okay.
                              >
                              > So it's ... me, Chris, Joe G. ...? Who am I
                              missing?

                              > _____

                              Yahoo! Terms of Service
                              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                              >

                              > _____

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • Joe Giliberti
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 10, 2005
                                Chris M wrote:

                                >My participation will depend on Moms demeanor tomorrow
                                >morning lol - my car is busted and hers is my only
                                >means of transportation (van is doing duty as a
                                >storage unit). Having said that, provided I can make
                                >it, and if so cant swear itll be 9:30, I wont be
                                >spending any significant time in the basement. The
                                >atmosphere is too irritating to my respiratory system.
                                >Cough cough weeeeeeze
                                >--- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                ><evan947@...> wrote:
                                >

                                >>Okay.
                                >>
                                >>So it's ... me, Chris, Joe G. ...? Who am I
                                >>

                                >missing?

                                I'm not sure if I can get there either. And if I do make it, it will
                                probably not bee for long.
                              • Joe Giliberti
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 10, 2005
                                  Joe Giliberti wrote:

                                  >Chris M wrote:
                                  >

                                  >>My participation will depend on Moms demeanor tomorrow
                                  >>morning lol - my car is busted and hers is my only
                                  >>means of transportation (van is doing duty as a
                                  >>storage unit). Having said that, provided I can make
                                  >>it, and if so cant swear itll be 9:30, I wont be
                                  >>spending any significant time in the basement. The
                                  >>atmosphere is too irritating to my respiratory system.
                                  >>Cough cough weeeeeeze
                                  >>--- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                                  >><evan947@...> wrote:
                                  >>

                                  >>>Okay.
                                  >>>
                                  >>>So it's ... me, Chris, Joe G. ...? Who am I
                                  >>>

                                  >>missing?

                                  I definetly cant get there tomorrow. Just remember I got a huge report
                                  due on Monday.
                                • Evan
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 12, 2005
                                    Just spoke with Fred again, he said he's visiting Mr. Grabbe this weekend to gauge what size truck is needed to move the remainder.

                                    John A.: Fred also is pleased that you volunteered to videotape Grabbe himself.  Details are to be determined.