RE: [midatlanticretro] tandy 8 meg disk system cables?

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 22, 2010
      I had that link someplace, but I just now added it to my links page for
      future reference

      Bill Degnan

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 22, 2010
        --- On Wed, 12/22/10, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

        > Make sure you use the correct controller card for them. It
        > can easily be identified by the red strips of material under
        > the chips. If you don't have this you're using the wrong
        > card.

        The TRS-80 Model II I got from Bill has the proper 8 meg disk controller board in it (red strips under the chips). If you wound up with the wrong one, let me know - I'll trade you :D I don't hold out much hope of finding a drive that's compatible with this controller - I think I'd have better luch with the newer control board.

        -Ian
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 22, 2010
          > > Make sure you use the correct controller card for them. It
          > > can easily be identified by the red strips of material under
          > > the chips. If you don't have this you're using the wrong
          > > card.
          > >

          > The TRS-80 Model II I got from Bill has the proper 8 meg disk controller
          board in it (red strips under the chips). If you wound up with the wrong
          one, let me know - I'll trade you :D I don't hold out much hope of finding
          a drive that's compatible with this controller - I think I'd have better
          luch with the newer control board.

          > -Ian

          Mine has a HD controller as well, but thanks anyway. It may be possible to
          attach an old Winchester hard drive that comes your way, you never know.
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 22, 2010
            On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Mr Ian Primus wrote:

            > --- On Wed, 12/22/10, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
            >

            >> Make sure you use the correct controller card for them. It
            >> can easily be identified by the red strips of material under
            >> the chips. If you don't have this you're using the wrong
            >> card.
            >>

            > The TRS-80 Model II I got from Bill has the proper 8 meg disk controller board in it (red strips under the chips). If you wound up with the wrong one, let me know - I'll trade you :D I don't hold out much hope of finding a drive that's compatible with this controller - I think I'd have better luch with the newer control board.

            I haven't had a chance to check the Model II that I took from this
            haul, yet. I have the other 8MB drive, but need to make sure my Model II
            has the proper controller installed.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...