RE: [midatlanticretro] Party notes

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010

      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      From: evan@...
      Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 18:50:52 -0500
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Party notes

        - All: bring snacks, drinks, movies, games, etc.

      Hey Evan,

      Is anyone bringing a TV ? DVD player ? Projector ? I asked the group before and as far as I know know one is bringing. I was told we could borrow a projector from the radio guys. There is a projector screen in the room we are having the party. I can bring a DVD/VHS player if needed. I have an untested 20 inch color TV and a working 13" should I bring either ?

      Also I will try to bring a few extra power strips and a 50 electrical cord.

      I have War Games on DVD. I would like to see again. Also I would like to see the original Tron again before I see the sequel. I may get a few other movies that are my favorites together.

      Anyone want me to bring my Shredz64 ?

      JeffThree Brace

      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
        > Is anyone bringing a TV ? DVD player ? Projector ?

        I lost track. My brain is on holiday hiatus. :)

        Improvise.
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
          >I have a legal copy but it's on that quaint 20th century helical-scan magnetic media.

          Is that VHS tape ? Then I can bring a VHS player.

        • Bob Aviles
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
            Hi,

              What day is the party, and can anyone come?

            Thanks
            Bobby

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
                Improvise got us somewhere in some years, but last year it got us nowhere. I am the plan and prepare kind of guy.

                Anyway i will bring my 23" HD TV and a DVD/VHS combo player, so that we are guaranteed something to watch our movies :)

                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                From: evan@...
                Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:48:14 -0500

                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
                  Okay.

                  I am bringing:
                  - Colossus: The Forbin Project
                  - Airplane!
                  - The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai
                  - The Micro Men (British equivalent to "Pirates of Silicon Valley" -- Sinclair, etc.)
                  - Plan 9 From Outer Space
                  - Robot Monster
                  - Me and BillDeg's lecture from HOPE last summer (we made one or two minor errors, see if you can spot 'em!)

                  From: Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...>
                  Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:06:00 -0500
                  To: midatlanticretro<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                  To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                  From: evan@...
                  Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:48:14 -0500

                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
                    I will bring:
                    Sneakers
                    War Games
                    Tron 20th Anniversary Edition
                    Evan Almighty

                    To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

                    From: Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...>
                    Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:06:00 -0500
                    To: midatlanticretro<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                    To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                    From: evan@...
                    Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:48:14 -0500

                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 10, 2010
                      LOL .... "Evan Almighty" .... Yes I can laugh at myself (there is plenty of material)

                      Found among my piles of chaos:
                      - Woz's 2003 K-Fest keynote
                      - Beavis & Butthead Do Christmas

                      From: Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...>
                      Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:23:40 -0500
                      To: midatlanticretro<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

                      From: Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...>
                      Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:06:00 -0500
                      To: midatlanticretro<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      From: evan@...
                      Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:48:14 -0500

                      > Is anyone bringing a TV ? DVD player ? Projector ?

                      I lost track. My brain is on holiday hiatus. :)

                      Improvise.

                    • Dan Roganti
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 11, 2010

                        On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                        Also I would like to see the original Tron again before I see the sequel.

                        I hear that TRON Girl might show up , is that true ?!?  ;)
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MP_G6arpVI
                        sscchhwwwwiiinnggg

                        I swear Disney got their idea from this :)

                        =Dan
                        wish I was there

                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 11, 2010
                          >>> I hear that TRON Girl might show up , is that true ?!?  ;)

                          I tried. But all we could afford was Bryan Pope in his "I (heart) Jeri" lingerie.
                        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 11, 2010
                            You guys like hot wings?
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 11, 2010
                              Yeah but I just got here with a bucket of chicken. :)

                              Matt is bringing pasta.

                              Jeff B. will be the BBQ master.

                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 11, 2010
                                Hi Evan,

                                  Thanks for the info, but cannot make it. Wife away and someone has to take care of the child, or well next time.
                                Have a great one!!

                                Bobby